- Performer:The 20th Concord Festival All Stars
- Title:The 20th Concord Festival All Stars
- Style:Swing, Bop
- Date of release:
- Size FLAC version1250 megabytes
- Size MP3 version1230 megabytes
- Size WMA version1412 megabytes
- Formats:DMF AUD MMF VOC AAC AHX ADX
jpg 08. Just A Closer Walk With. Download via torrent Download via magnet.
Recorded in August, 1988. CD comes packaged in a standard plastic jewel case, and includes a 4-panel insert with notes in English. NOTE: The label is listed as "Concord Jazz" on the spine and disc, but "Concord Records" on the booklet rear.
jpg 08 Just A Closer Walk With Thee.
Red Holloway (tenor saxophone), Harry "Sweets" Edison (trumpet), Gene Harris (piano), Ray Brown (bass), Jeff Hamilton (drums). Concord Jazz CCD 4366 (US). Thanks to snobb for the addition. No release results found : showing artist results instead. Jazz Cello Remastered Verve 2003.
Harry "Sweets" Edison.
Black Orpheus (with the Ray Brown Trio) (1989, Evidence). Mr. Blue (with Takashi Ohi and the Ray Brown Trio) (1989, Denon). Moore Makes 4 (with Ralph Moore and the Ray Brown Trio) (1990, Concord). At Last (Gene Harris/Scott Hamilton Quintet) (1990, Concord). Gene Harris: The Concord Jazz Heritage Series (1998, Concord). The Blue Note Years (with The Three Sounds) (1999, EMI/Blue Note). Gene Harris: The Best of the Concord Years (2000, Concord). The Complete Blue Hour Sessions (The Three Sounds with Stanley Turrentine) (2000, Blue Note). Big Band Soul (with the Gene Harris Superband) (2002, Concord). Live From New York To Tokyo (with the Ray Brown Trio) (contains Bam Bam Bam and The Red Hot Ray Brown Trio 2003). Instant Party (2004, Concord).
This 22-track retrospective represents well the 20 albums Gene Harris made for Concord Records over 14 years. The barrelhouse rocking pianist was obviously getting better with age, as one of his best discs was his last, Alley Cats (1999), made shortly before his death and represented here by a cover of the Crusaders' classic "Put It Where You Want I. The track is very indicative of the rest of this two-CD set, as it was recorded live, like nearly half of this compilation. Other standout guests throughout this well-paced set include bassist Ray Brown, trumpeter Harry "Sweets" Edison, and saxophonist Scott Hamilton. It's up to the very big tenor sax of the late Stanley Turrentine to kick the whole thing off with the funky blues number "Uptown So.
Be careful of what you download or face the consequences. Torrent Trackers hash.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Blues For Sam Nassi
Written-By – Ray Brown
Written-By – Duke Ellington, Irving Mills, Mitchell Parish
|3||Time After Time
Written-By – Jule Styne And Sammy Cahn
|4||Bye Bye Blackbird
Written-By – Mort Dixon, Ray Henderson
|5||C. C. Rider
Written-By – Gertrude "Ma" Rainey*
|6||I Wish I Knew
Written-By – Harry Warren , Mack Gordon
|7||I Got It Bad And That Ain't Good
Written-By – Duke Ellington, Paul Francis Webster
|8||Just A Closer Walk With Thee
Written-By – Traditional Gospel*
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Concord Jazz, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Concord Jazz, Inc.
- Recorded At – Coast Recorders
- Remixed At – PER
- Published By – Backbone Publishing
- Published By – Mills Music, Inc.
- Published By – Sands Music Corp.
- Published By – Ray Henderson Music
- Published By – Olde Clover Leaf Music
- Published By – Public Domain
- Published By – Warner Bros. Inc.
- Published By – SBK Robbins Catalog, Inc.
- Published By – Webster Music Corp.
- Art Direction – Kent Judkins
- Bass – Ray Brown
- Drums – Jeff Hamilton
- Engineer – Jim Hilson, Phil Edwards
- Liner Notes – Philip Elwood
- Mastered By – George Horn
- Piano – Gene Harris
- Producer – Allen Farnham, Carl E. Jefferson
- Product Manager – Elizabeth Bell
- Remix – Phil Edwards
- Tenor Saxophone – Red Holloway
- Trumpet – Harry Sweets Edison*
NotesRecorded in August, 1988
℗ © 1989 Concord Jazz, Inc.
Made in U.S.A.
CD comes packaged in a standard plastic jewel case, and includes a 4-panel insert with notes in English.
NOTE: The label is listed as "Concord Jazz" on the spine and disc, but "Concord Records" on the booklet rear.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Scanned): 013431436621
- Barcode (Text): 0 1343-14366-2 1
- Rights Society: BMI
- Rights Society: ASCAP
|CCD-4366||The 20th Concord Festival All Stars, Ray Brown, Gene Harris, Red Holloway, Harry "Sweets" Edison*, Jeff Hamilton||The 20th Concord Festival All Stars, Ray Brown, Gene Harris, Red Holloway, Harry "Sweets" Edison*, Jeff Hamilton - The 20th Concord Festival All Stars (CD, Album)||Concord Records||CCD-4366||Germany||1989|