- Style:Alternative Rock, Math Rock
- Date of release:
- Size FLAC version1199 megabytes
- Size MP3 version1747 megabytes
- Size WMA version1376 megabytes
- Formats:AUD VQF AIFF DXD DTS DMF MIDI
A Minor Forest – Inindependence. Label: Thrill Jockey – thrill 056. Format: CD, Album. tracks: 4), Brian Paulson (tracks: 1 to 3, 5 to 7). Recorded By – Mark Schwarz (tracks: 1 to 3, 5 to 7). Recorded By – Jason Doerk (tracks: 4), Keif San Augustin (tracks: 4).
A Minor Forest's one actual studio album may not quite reach the heights of such conceptually (if not always musically) similar acts like Slint or Don Caballero, although there's the same sense of using rock instrumentation as a bed for something a lot more enveloping and grand, while keeping a certain punk edge that steers things away from wanky prog or.
While A Minor Forest are able to create some breathtakingly ghoulish sounding songs they can also be quite the bore. The Smell of Hot is an eighteen minute instrumental that doesn’t have any interesting climax or guitar playing. Musically the track contains a frightening sort of atmosphere but it’s very difficult to listen to a song that lasts eighteen minutes without going through any engaging phases. Although Inindependence isn’t an original or unique album I’d still recommend it for those of you interested in post/math-rock. Taking influences from Slint, Sebadoh, and Big Black A Minor Forest create an album that captures a creepy, doomful sound that is captured through dreary guitars and minimal bass rumbling. Yes, Inindependence has its boring spells and yes, it isn’t very original but when it’s good it’s untouchable.
A Minor Forest’s 1996 debut, Flemish Altruism, and other studio effort, 1998’s Inindependence, were reissued for Record Store Day. Groping for a new vocabulary from the fragments laying around after post-rock’s early-90s Big Bang, the San Francisco band came close to inventing post-post-rock, where the subgenre’s self-seriousness was wrestled with until it laughed, gasped, and collapsed.
Inindependence is the second album by A Minor Forest. All songs written and arranged by A Minor Forest. The Dutch Fist" (6:29). Erik's Budding Romance" (4:21). Look at That Car, It's Full of Balloons. 8:37) It's Salmon!!!" (3:55). The Smell of Hot" (18:21). Michael Anthony" (4:57). Retrieved 20:02, 21 November 2016 (UTC).
So, Were They in Some Sort of Fight? is the last release by A Minor Forest, released on Oct 5, 1999, by the My Pal God label. Matt Anderson – Engineer. John Benson – Bass, Clarinet, Guitar, Vocals, Music Box. Loren Chasse – Remixing. Andee Connors – Bass, Drums, Vocals, Slide Guitar. Dominique Davison – Cello. David Franklin – Photography. Erik Hoversten – Bass, Guitar, Vocals, Guitorgan. Little River Band – Engineer. Keif San Augustin – Assistant Engineer.
|1||The Dutch Fist||6:29|
|2||Erik's Budding Romance||4:21|
|3||Look At That Car, It's Full Of Balloons||8:37|
|5||The Smell Of Hot||18:21|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Thrill Jockey
- Copyright (c) – A Minor Forest
- Published By – We can not say we enjoy this music one bit
- Recorded At – Über Studio
- Recorded At – Treat And Release
- Mixed At – Art Of Ears Studio
- Glass Mastered At – Disque Americ
- Mixed By [Mixed With] – Andy Ernst
- Performer [The Components Of A Minor Forest Are Operating], Guitar, Electric Bass, Contrabass, Double Bass, Drums, Organ, Piano, Synthesizer, Turntables, Voice, Other [Patch Bay] – Andee Connors, Erik Hoversten, John Benson*
- Recorded By – A.M.F.* (tracks: 4), Brian Paulson (tracks: 1 to 3, 5 to 7)
- Recorded By [Assisted On The Day Brian Got Stomach Flu] – Mark Schwarz* (tracks: 1 to 3, 5 to 7)
- Recorded By [With Assistance From] – Jason Doerk (tracks: 4), Keif San Augustin (tracks: 4)
- Songwriter [All Tracks Written By] – A.M.F.*
NotesTracks 1-3 and 5-7 recorded at Über Studio, January 5-11, 1998
Track 4 recorded at Treat and Release
Mixed at Art of Ears
All tracks We can not say we enjoy this music one bit (ASCAP)
© 1998 A.M.F. ℗ 1998 Thrill Jockey
Thanks to everyone for everything
Clear tray jewel case with translucent paper
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout: DADR 19CL1<1036>THRILL056CD
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L481
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 8112
- Rights Society: ASCAP
|thrill 056||A Minor Forest||Inindependence (2xLP, Album)||Thrill Jockey||thrill 056||US||1998|