- Title:Love Is Dead
- Style:Dance-pop, Indie Pop, Synth-pop
- Date of release:
- Size FLAC version1204 megabytes
- Size MP3 version1760 megabytes
- Size WMA version1236 megabytes
- Formats:XM FLAC DXD MP2 VOC AIFF AA
Love Is Dead is the third studio album by Scottish synth-pop band Chvrches. It was released on 25 May 2018 by Virgin EMI Records and Goodbye Records. The album was co-produced by Greg Kurstin, marking the first time the band have worked with outside producers. The band collaborated with David Stewart from Eurythmics and Matt Berninger from The National during production
Kobalt (AWAL Digital Limited), UMG, Liberation Music (от лица компании "Liberator Music"); CMRRA, ASCAP, LatinAutor - UMPG, LatinAutor - SonyATV, SOLAR Music Rights Management, EMI Music Publishing, UMPG Publishing, LatinAutor, UBEM" и другие авторские общества (3).
New album out now. CD Vinyl + signed postcard digital.
Released May 25, 2018. Love Is Dead Tracklist. Love Is Dead is the third studio album by Scottish band CHVRCHES, released on May 25, 2018. Thematically, all the songs on the record could be either a reflection on the world or a relationship. Front-woman Lauren Mayberry spoke about the album to The Fader. I could go down the list and say which ones are about personal stuff, and which are just waking up in the world we live in right now and feeling the heaviness of that. But I really like the fact that people can read them in whatever way they want. That just says that pop music doesn’t have to be meaningless.
Love Is Dead’s straightforward gait often keeps Mayberry hemmed in, curtailing one of pop’s most dramatic ranges to one-note verses and structures that value repetition over surprise. If Chvrches prove anything on their third album, it’s that pop that truly galvanizes in moments of hardship is never without love.
As album titles come, ‘Love Is Dead’ is a hefty one. Weighty with fiery pessimism, like a Jenny Holzer mantra etched angrily into a slab of stone, it’s a starting point that doesn’t leave a lot of space for hope. Or so you’d think, anyway. In the case of CHVRCHES’ third album, the statement comes with a silent, but enormous, question mark. You sense that, approaching ‘Love Is Dead,’ CHVRCHES were also keen for a shake-up. Their debut album ‘The Bones Of What You Believe’ was a flawless blend of super-shiny synth-pop and grittier foundations. Refreshing the indie landscape, an endless procession of lesser imitators followed in CHVRCHES’ wake. Their stadium-baying successor came from a similar sonic world – but if the debut was a small-town art cinema, ‘Every Open Eye’ was the gigantic IMAX 3D experience.
Love Is Dead is not a bad album, it's just that this felt like CHVRCHES' time for a great one. Love Is Dead is not that, either. CHVRCHES has always made this explosive synthpop sound, with big hooks and amazing synths. On Love Is Dead, the band takes this formula and expanded to a more commercial approach with more economic catchy ready lyrics and some big anthemic chorus and for me is a good album that still kept their beloved sound but even though it's their worst is still good. Favs: Graffiti, Get Out, My Enemy, Graves and Heaven/Hell.
Love Is Dead (LP, Album, Cle). CDV 3200, 00602567405627. Love Is Dead (CD, Album). CHVRCHES - Miracle (Official Video).
Tracklist Hide Credits
Featuring – Matt Berninger
|A6||Never Say Die|
|B3||Heaven / Hell|
- Lacquer Cut At – Sterling Sound
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Copyright (c) – Chvrches
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Chvrches
- Licensed To – Glassnote Entertainment Group LLC
- Recorded At – Echo Studio, Los Angeles, CA
- Recorded At – Alucard Studios
- Recorded At – Red Bull Studios, New York, NY
- Published By – Universal Music Publishing Ltd.
- Published By – Kurstin Music
- Published By – EMI April Music Inc.
- Published By – Rokstone Music Ltd.
- Pressed By – Rainbo Records – S-101854
- Pressed By – Rainbo Records – S-101855
- Mixed At – East West, LA
- Creative Director – Warren Fu
- Design, Layout – Liz Hirsch
- Drums – Ian Chang (tracks: B4)
- Engineer [Recording] – Alex Pasco (tracks: A1, A2, A3, A5, A6, B2, B3, B6, B7), Chris Laws (tracks: B1), Chvrches (tracks: B5), Daniel Pursey (tracks: B1), David Simpson (tracks: A4, B4), Julian Burg (tracks: A1, A2, A3, A5, A6, B2, B3, B6, B7), Mark Bengston (tracks: B4), Sean O'Brien (tracks: A4)
- Lacquer Cut By – JNH*
- Mastered By – Chris Gehringer
- Mixed By – Spike Stent*
- Mixed By [Assisted] – Michael Freeman
- Photography By [Inside] – Danny Clinch
- Photography By [Sleeve] – Lindsey Byrnes
- Producer – Chvrches (tracks: A4, B1, B4, B5)
- Producer, Engineer [Recording] – Greg Kurstin (tracks: A1, A2, A3, A5, A6, B2, B3, B6, B7)
- Written-By – Greg Kurstin (tracks: A1, A2, A3, A5, A6, B2, B3, B6, B7), Iain Cook, Lauren Mayberry, Martin Doherty
- Written-By, Producer – Steve Mac (tracks: B1)
NotesIndie retail exclusive 180g heavy weight clear vinyl.
Includes digital download
Tracks A1, A2, A3, A5, A6, B2, B3, B6, B7 recorded at Echo Studios, LA
Tracks A4, B4, B5 recorded at Alucard, NYC
Track B4 recorded at Red Bull Studios, NYC
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Scanned): 810599022013
- Barcode (Printed): 8 10599 02201 3
- Matrix / Runout (Etched side A): GLS-0231-01A JNH S-101854
- Matrix / Runout (Etched side B): GLS-0231-01B JNH S-101855
- Matrix / Runout (Stamped both sides): STERLING
- Rights Society: ASCAP
|CDV 3200, 00602567405627||Chvrches||Love Is Dead (CD, Album)||Virgin EMI Records, Goodbye Records , Virgin EMI Records, Goodbye Records||CDV 3200, 00602567405627||Europe||2018|
|VX 3200||Chvrches||Love Is Dead (LP, Album, Cle)||Virgin EMI Records||VX 3200||Europe||2018|
|6741561||Chvrches||Love Is Dead (CD, Album)||Vertigo Berlin, Goodbye Records||6741561||Europe||2018|
|none||Chvrches||Love Is Dead (13xFile, AAC, Album, 256)||Glassnote||none||USA & Canada||2018|
|none||Chvrches||Love Is Dead (Cass, Album, Ltd)||Glassnote , Goodbye Records||none||US||2018|