- Style:Folk Rock, Indie Rock
- Date of release:
- Size FLAC version1449 megabytes
- Size MP3 version1497 megabytes
- Size WMA version1292 megabytes
- Formats:TTA VOC VOX DTS MOD RA VQF
Picaresque is the third studio album from The Decemberists. The word "picaresque" refers to a form of satirical prose originating in Spain, depicting realistically and often humorously the adventures of a low-born, roguish hero living by his or her wits in a corrupt society. The album was recorded at the Prescott Church in northeast Portland, which the band rented for one month in the summer of 2004
Picaresque (2xLP, Album). KRS 425. The Decemberists. Picaresque (CD, Album). RTRADCD 256. RTRADCDP 256. Picaresque (CD, Album, Promo).
The Decemberists : Picaresque,álbum, crítica, lista de pistas, mp3, letras. Folk Rock The Decemberists. Lista de Bandas Folk Rock The Decemberists Picaresque. adicionar as letras do álbum. adicionar uma crítica. Band Name The Decemberists.
Picaresque is the third studio album from The Decemberists. The word picaresque is taken from a form of satirical prose originating in Spain, depicting realistically and often humorously the adventures of a low-born, roguish hero living by his or her wits in a corrupt society. Producers Chris Walla & The Decemberists. Mixing Engineer Chris Walla, Chris Wallace & Troy Tietjen. More The Decemberists albums.
Picaresque is a music studio album recording by THE DECEMBERISTS (Prog Folk/Progressive Rock) released in 2005 on cd, lp, vinyl and/or cassette. No release results - showing artist results instead. 5 Songs EP Hush Records 2003.
Picaresque - Студийный альбом от The Decemberists. Вышел 21 марта 2005г. В альбом вошло 16 треков. Продолжительность альбома: 01:13:00. Of Angels and Angles. The Bagman's Gambit.
In a way, both of these fit this album, the third release by Oregon indie band, The Decemberists. The album could easily be described as a musical adventure, and at times it satirises many things; life today, people's behaviour, as well as (dare I say it) the music that the band itself is capable of making. It's always been hard to classify the band you see, with their influences including folk music (in the manner of cult band Neutral Milk Hotel), but going beyond that to their music being genuinely rooted in old sea shanties and sailor songs. Don't get me wrong, Picaresque is still a frequently compelling listen, but on songs like Eli, The Barrowboy; a stripped down song, featuring Meloy taking lead vocals over a lone acoustic guitar for the opening part of the track, the band let the music meander along its own course, rather than forcing things to happen every few minutes.
Picaresqueties by The Decemberists, released 25 July 2006 1. The Bandit Queen (With Dialogue And Tap Dancing) 2. Bridges & Balloons 3. Constantinople 4. The Kingdom Of Spain (Version Prescott) 5. The Bandit Queen (Version Prescott). Clever and sincere rarities "Bandit Queen," "Constantinople," & "The Kingdom of Spain" are found only here and sadly almost forgotten.
The Infanta," the thunderous opening track on the Decemberists' fluid and predictably studious Picaresque, rolls in like a ghost ship at 40 knots in a hail of cannon fire with a mad English professor at the wheel. Colin Meloy and his esteemed West Coast colleagues have no qualms about beginning their third full-length record with a processional about a child monarch, and it's a testimony to their talents as orators and interpreters of both the absurd and the mundane that they continue to assimilate more fans than they alienate.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A2||We Both Go Down Together||3:04|
|A3||Eli, The Barrowboy||3:11|
|A4||The Sporting Life||4:38|
|B1||The Bagman's Gambit||7:02|
|B2||From My Own True Love (Lost At Sea)||3:42|
|B3||16 Military Wives||4:52|
|B4||The Engine Driver||4:15|
|C1||On The Bus Mall||6:04|
|C2||Mariner's Revenge Song
Mixed By – Troy Tietjen
|C3||Of Angels And Angles||2:27|
|D1||The Bandit Queen (With "Dialogue" And "Tap Dancing")||4:19|
|D2||Bridges And Balloons
Written-By – J. Newsom*
|D4||The Kingdom Of Spain (Version Prescott)||3:43|
|D5||The Bandit Queen (Version Prescott)||4:26|
- Recorded At – The Hall Of Justice
- Mixed At – Avast! Recording Co.
- Mixed At – The Hall Of Justice
- Mastered At – RFI Mastering
- Mastered At – SAE Mastering
- Recorded At – The Prescott Church
- Exclusive Retailer – Newbury Comics
- Artwork [Dolphin Head] – Midori Hirose
- Artwork [Makeup] – Alicia J. Rose, Marta Heitz
- Baritone Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone – Joe Cunningham
- Design [Costume] – Bernadette Spear
- Design [Tree Costume] – Carson Ellis, Seann McKeel
- Electric Guitar – Chris Walla
- Horns [Shofar] – Jeff London
- Layout, Design – Mike King , Rob Jones
- Lighting [Design] – Alicia J. Rose, Jeff T. Smith*
- Mastered By – Ed Brooks
- Mastered By [Vinyl] – Roger Siebol*
- Mixed By – Chris Walla (tracks: A1 to C1, C3 to D5)
- Other [The Worm Hole] – Carson Ellis, Dawn Barger, John Roderick, Mike Squire, The Decemberists
- Performer – The Decemberists
- Performer [The Barrow Boy] – Jenny Conlee
- Performer [The Fop] – Nate Query
- Performer [The Mariner] – Colin Meloy
- Performer [The Spook] – Rachel Blumberg
- Performer [The Tamarack] – Chris Funk
- Photography By – Alicia J. Rose
- Photography By [Assistant] – Chloe Richard, Jeff T. Smith*
- Producer – Chris Walla, The Decemberists
- Set Designer, Illustration – Carson Ellis
- Tam-tam – Aaron Stewart
- Tenor Vocals [Operatic] – Eric Stern
- Translated By [French Translator] – May Barruel-Brussin
- Trombone – Tom Hill
- Trumpet, Arranged By [Horns] – Paul Brainard
- Violin, Voice – Petra Haden
- Voice – Sean Nelson
- Written-By – Colin Meloy
NotesNewbury Comics edition, limited to 500 copies.
Recorded August-September 2004 at the Prescott Church, Portland, Oregon and Hall of Justice, Seattle, Washington. Mixed at Avast!, Seattle, Washington. "Picaresqueties" mixed at Hall of Justice. Mastered at RFI. Mastered for the vinyl format at SAE.
Special 180g gatefold vinyl edition with a bonus "Picaresqueties" side featuring unreleased tracks and versions.and includes lyric book and a digital download.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Scanned): 759656042512
- Matrix / Runout (Printed): SAE MASTERING
- Matrix / Runout (Side A): KRS-425-A 12990 1
- Matrix / Runout (Side B): KRS-425-B 12990 2
- Matrix / Runout (Side C): KRS-425-C 12990 3
- Matrix / Runout (Side D): KRS-425-D 12990 4
|KRS 425, JB-053||The Decemberists||Picaresque (2xLP, Album, Ltd, Blu)||Kill Rock Stars, Jealous Butcher Records||KRS 425, JB-053||US||2005|
|KRS 425||The Decemberists||Picaresque (CD, Album)||Kill Rock Stars||KRS 425||US||2005|
|KRS 425||The Decemberists||Picaresque (CD, Album, RP)||Kill Rock Stars||KRS 425||US||2012|
|KRS 425, JB-053||The Decemberists||Picaresque (2xLP, Album)||Kill Rock Stars, Jealous Butcher Records||KRS 425, JB-053||US||2005|
|RTRADLP256||The Decemberists||Picaresque (LP, Album)||Rough Trade||RTRADLP256||Europe||2005|