Can I Borrow a Dollar? is the debut studio album by American rapper Common Sense, released on October 6, 1992 by Relativity Records. The album was entirely produced by No . then called Immenslope) and The Twilite Tone, with additional production by The Beatnuts, and includes guest vocals from Immenslope, Miss Jones and Common's then-girlfriend Rayshel. Entertainment Weekly's Neil Drumming described it as "a clever but little-noticed first album".
Can I Borrow a Dollar? Common. Released October 6, 1992. Can I Borrow a Dollar? Tracklist. 1. A Penny For My Thoughts Lyrics. After being featured in The Source magazine’s Unsigned Hype column in 1991, 19 year old Chicago rapper Common Sense signed a deal with Relativity Records and released his debut album, Can I Borrow a Dollar?, on October 6, 1992. The album was supported by the singles Take It EZ, Breaker 1/9, and the Thump Mix for Soul By the Pound
Common - A Penny For My Thoughts. Play now. Common - Charms Alarm. Common - Take It Ez. by AlpyneD.
A former Source magazine "Unsigned Hype" winner, Common Sense almost single-handedly put Chicago hip-hop on the map in the early '90s with his excellent debut, Can I Borrow a Dollar?, which displayed a truly unique sound that, nevertheless, situated the rapper somewhere between the ground staked out by A Tribe Called Quest and Gang Starr. Can I Borrow a Dollar? features the fabulous, oddly muted production of 2 Pc. Drk Productions (Immenslope and Twilite Tone).
Common Sense – Can I Borrow A Dollar? Label: Relativity – SRCS 7551, Sony Records – SRCS 7551. Released: 01 Dec 1994. Lyrics By, Performer – Common Sense. Mixed By – Chuck Valle (tracks: 7, 9), Kirk Yano (tracks: 1 to 6, 8, 10 to 13). Photography By, Artwork – Paul Elledge. Photography By – Linda Covello. Producer, Arranged By – 2 pc. DRK (tracks: 3, 9), Immenslope (tracks: 1, 2, 5, 6, 10, 12), The Beat Nuts (tracks: 4), Twilite Tone (tracks: 7, 8, 11, 13). Recorded By – Chris Irwin, Kirk Yano.
02. 03. Download. 04. Common - Heidi Hoe.
can i borrow a dollar. play) (pause) (download) (fb) (vk) (tw). Common Can I Borrow A Dollar?(Full Album). Common - Can I Borrow a Dollar Puppy Chow. Common Breaker 1/9 (Can I Borrow A Dollar 1992). Common - Can I Borrow a Dollar A Penny for My Thoughts. Common - Can I Borrow a Dollar Blows to the Temple. Common A Penny For My Thoughts 04:23. Common - Can I Borrow a Dollar Two Scoops of Raisins.
Features Song Lyrics for Common's Can I Borrow A Dollar? album. Common - Can I Borrow A Dollar? Album Lyrics.
Album: Can I Borrow a Dollar? Duration: 49:11 Year: 1992. 0:00 ? Common albums.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||A Penny For My Thoughts
Bass – Kenny AaronsonKeyboards – Lenny Underwood
|A3||Take It Ez
Keyboards – Lenny UnderwoodSaxophone – Tony Orbach
Producer, Arranged By – The Beatnuts
|A6||Two Scoops Of Raisins
Bass – Kenny AaronsonFeaturing – Immenslope
|B2||Blows To The Temple||4:41|
|B3||Just In The Nick Of Rhyme||2:29|
|B4||Tricks Up My Sleeve
Bass – Kenny AaronsonFeaturing – RayshelKeyboards – Lenny Underwood
Backing Vocals – Tarsha Jones
|B6||Soul By The Pound||4:20|
- Record Company – Loud Records, LLC
- Distributed By – RED Distribution
- Produced For – DRK Productions
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Relativity
- Copyright (c) – Relativity
- Recorded At – Calliope Studios
- Recorded At – Unique Studios
- Recorded At – East Side Sound
- Mixed At – Soundtrack Studios
- Mixed At – Chung King Studios
- Art Direction – Dave Bett*
- Backing Vocals – Twilite Tone
- Cover, Photography By – Paul Elledge
- Design – Brian Freeman
- Engineer [Assistant] – Angela R. Dryden, Armen Malzumian*, Brian Kincaid, Bruce Moore, Chrystin Nevarez, Dan Bernoff*, Dante Gioia, RJ Cicero, Scott Canto, Todd Childress
- Executive-Producer – Peter Kang
- Mixed By – Chuck Valle (tracks: B1, B3), Kirk Yano (tracks: A1 to A6, B2, B4 to B7)
- Photography By [Other] – Linda Covello
- Producer, Arranged By – Immenslope, Twilite Tone
- Recorded By – Chris Irwin, Kirk Yano
- Written-By, Performer – Common
© 1992 Relativity Records [...]
On back cover:
All Songs Produced & Arranged by [...] for 2pc. DRK Productions [...]
Immenslope appears on "Two Scoops Of Raisins".
Rayshel appears on "Tricks Up My Sleeve". [...]
Recorded at Calliope Studios by Chris Irwin, & at Unique Studios & East Side Sound by Kirk Yano.
Mixed at Soundtrack N.Y. by Kirk Yano.
Except "No Defense" & "Just In The Nick Of Rhyme"
Mixed at Chung King by Chuck Valle.
Asst. Engineers: Dan Bernoff at Unique; RJ Cicero &
Angela R. Dryden at East Side Sound; Dante Gioia, Chrystin
Nevárez, Bruce Moore, Brian Kincaid, Scott Canto, Armem
Malzumian, & Todd Childress at Soundtrack N.Y. [...]
℗©1992 Relativity Records [...]
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 0 88561-1084-1 0
- Barcode (Scanned): 088561108410
- Matrix / Runout (Runouts side A, etched): 88561-1084-1-A
- Matrix / Runout (Runouts side B, etched): 88561-1084-1-B
|88561-1084-2||Common Sense*||Can I Borrow A Dollar? (CD, Album)||Relativity||88561-1084-2||US||1992|
|88561-1084-2||Common||Can I Borrow A Dollar? (CD, Album, RE)||Relativity||88561-1084-2||US||Unknown|
|88561-1084-4||Common Sense*||Can I Borrow A Dollar? (Cass, Album)||Relativity||88561-1084-4||US||1992|
|489899 2||Common||Can I Borrow A Dollar ? (CD, Album, RE)||Relativity||489899 2||Europe||1998|
|MOVLP2321||Common||Can I Borrow A Dollar? (LP, Album, Ltd, Num, RE, Tra)||Relativity, Music On Vinyl||MOVLP2321||Europe||2019|