- Title:Hey! Bo Diddley
- Style:Rock & Roll, Rhythm & Blues
- Date of release:
- Size FLAC version1717 megabytes
- Size MP3 version1408 megabytes
- Size WMA version1261 megabytes
- Formats:WMA XM AAC WAV MMF DTS MP3
Bo Diddley done had a farm (Hey, Bo Diddley) On that farm he had some women (Hey, Bo Diddley) Women here and women there (Hey, Bo Diddley) Women, women, women everywhere (Hey, Bo Diddley) But one little girl lived on a hill (Hey, Bo Diddley) She rustled and tussled like Buffalo Bill (Hey, Bo Diddley) One day she decided she'd . Saw my baby run across the field (Hey, Bo Diddley) Slipping and sliding like an automobile (Hey, Bo Diddley) Hollering, my baby got towed away (Hey, Bo Diddley) Slipped on from me like a Cadillac-8 (Hey, Bo Diddley).
Go Bo Diddley is the second album by rock and roll pioneer Bo Diddley, released in July 1959. The album was Bo's first studio album and his first LP for Checker Records. Rolling Stone magazine ranked it number 214 on its The 500 Greatest Albums of All Time. The B-side to the single "Hush Your Mouth", "Dearest Darling" was released June 1958 and also released on Bo Diddley's self-titled debut album. Bo's next single "Willie and Lillie" was released in November 1958 and then released on this album.
Bo Diddley - Bo Meets the Monster 03:07. The Masters Apprentices - Hey Bo Diddley 03:54. Bo Diddley - Hey Bo Diddley 02:15. Bo Diddley - Bo Didley Is An Outlaw 02:31. Bo Diddley - Hey, Bo Diddley 02:10. Bo Diddley - Bo Diddley 02:52. Bo Diddley - The Story of Bo Diddley 02:48.
However, the Chess issue that combines Bo Diddley and Go Bo Diddley on one CD is a better bet, since those two records - his first two - work better together.
Hey! Bo Diddley" is Bo Diddley's eighth single released by Checker Records (not to be confused with the song "Bo Diddley", released as a single in April 1955 by Checker Records). The single's B side was "Mona" (sometimes known as "I Need You Baby"). Hey! Bo Diddley" was recorded in Chicago, Illinois, on February 8, 1957 – the same day as "Mona"
Watch the video for Hey! Bo Diddley from Bo Diddley's His Best for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. Bo Diddley done had a farm (Hey, Bo Diddley) On that farm he had some women (Hey, Bo Diddley) Women here and women there (Hey, Bo Diddley) Women. iscuss these lyrics on MetroLyrics.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A2||I'm A Man||2:41|
|A4||You Don't Love Me (You Don't Care)||2:36|
|A6||She's Fine, She's Mine||2:40|
|A8||Bring It To Jerome||2:37|
|B3||Diddy Wah Diddy||2:30|
|B4||I Am Looking For A Woman||2:31|
|B5||Who Do You Love||2:18|
|B6||Cops And Robbers
Written-By – Harris*
|B7||Down Home Special||3:10|
|B8||Hey! Bo Diddley||2:17|
|C1||Mona (I Need You Baby)||2:18|
|C2||Before You Accuse Me||2:40|
|C4||Hush Your Mouth||2:36|
|C6||The Clock Strikes Twelve||2:35|
|C7||Willie And Lillie||2:16|
|D4||What Do You Know About Love||3:10|
|D6||The Story Of Bo Diddley||2:47|
|D8||You Can't Judge A Book By The Cover
Written-By – Willie Dixon
- Licensed From – Charly Records
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Charly Records Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Charly Records Ltd.
- Bass – James Bradford (tracks: A1, A2, A4), Willie Dixon (tracks: A5 to A8, B1 to D7)
- Bass [Probably] – Chester Lindsay (tracks: D8), James Johnson (tracks: D8)
- Design – The Raven Design Group
- Drums – Clifton James (tracks: A1 to A8, B1), Frank Kirkland (tracks: B2 to B8, C1 to C8, D1 to D7)
- Drums [Probably] – Billy Downing (tracks: D8), Edell Robertson (tracks: D8)
- Guitar – Jody Williams (tracks: B2 to B8, C1, C7, C8, D1 to D7)
- Harmonica – Billy Boy Arnold (tracks: A1, A2, A4, A6), Lester Davenport (tracks: A7, A8, B1), Little Walter (tracks: A5), Willie Smith (tracks: B2 to B8, C1)
- Percussion [Maracas] – Jerome Green (tracks: A1 to D8)
- Photography By – David Redfern
- Piano – Lafayette Leake (tracks: C2 to C6, C8, D1 to D7), Otis Spann (tracks: A1, A2, A4, B6, B7)
- Vocals – Jerome Green (tracks: A8, C3)
- Vocals [Group] – The Moonglows (tracks: A5, B3)
- Vocals, Guitar – Bo Diddley
- Written-By – McDaniel*
NotesOriginal Checker recordings. All recordings made in Chicago.
Tracks A1 to A4 recorded March, 2nd, 1955
Tracks A5, A6 recorded May, 10th, 1955
Tracks A7, A8, B1 recorded August, 12th. 1955
Tracks B2 to B4 recorded November 1955
Track B5 recorded May 24th, 1956
Tracks B6, B7 recorded October 1956
Tracks B8, C1 recoded March 1957
Tracks C2 recorded July 1957
Tracks C3 to C6 recorded March 1958
Track C7 recorded August 1958
Track C8, D1 recorded December 1958
Tracks D2 to D4 recorded March 1959
Tracks D5 to D7 recoded 1959
Track D8 recorded June 27th, 1962
|INSD 5038||Bo Diddley||Hey! Bo Diddley (2xLP, Comp)||Instant||INSD 5038||UK||1990|
|CD INS 5038||Bo Diddley||Hey! Bo Diddley (CD, Comp)||Instant||CD INS 5038||UK||1990|