- Title:Taking The Lead
- Style:Heavy Metal
- Date of release:
- Size FLAC version1789 megabytes
- Size MP3 version1112 megabytes
- Size WMA version1227 megabytes
- Formats:RA TTA MMF AAC AU AIFF MP3
Request an album send to friend. Taking The Lead (2002). Elias Viljanen - Taking The Lead. Bitrate (quality): 192256320. mp3. 1. Evoke The Spirit.
Digitally mastered at Lion's Cage Studios, Åland. Rights Society: TEOSTO.
Elias Viljanen discography (all).
Taking the Lead is the first solo album by Sonata Arctica guitarist Elias Viljanen. It was released in 2002 by Lion Music. Elias Viljanen - Guitars. Rami Herckman - Bass guitar. Tero Ylönen - Keyboards (on track 1,2,3,5,8). Jani Kemppinen - Keyboards (on track 6,9,11,12).
Elias Viljanen has been touted as Finland's answer to Joe Satriani, and his debut CD, Taking The Lead, advances the guitarist into the upper tier of hard rock shredders from the energetic opening tracks "Evil Rock" and "The Axemaster". The album is just breathtaking. The playing on the first three songs is out of this world and has left me totally gobsmacked. This is a guitar album everyone should ow. Instrumental Guitar (Electric (Heavy)/Hard Rock/Shred), total running time, 43:12.
Thus, eighteen years after the dream began, Elias Viljanen's first album, Taking the Lead was born. Feedback for Taking the Lead was overall positive, placing in the top ten hard rock/shred CD's at guitar9. Steve Vai himself also got Viljanen's CD, and gave him some encouraging feedback as well. In 2004, Lion Music again offered Viljanen a record contract when he sent in new demos, and he entered the Studios with Evil Spirit in early 2005. Viljanen toured with Sonata Arctica in support of their album Unia in late 2007 and early 2008. During the time off from tour in 2008, he began work on his third studio album, but the recording of Sonata Arctica's sixth studio album. So, Viljanen entered the studio with Sonata Arctica for the first time in the earlier half of 2009, recording the album The Days of Grays.
More albums from Elias Viljanen.
|1||Evoke The Spirit|
|4||I Go Solo|
|7||Taking The Lead|
|8||A Dream Come True|
|10||Written In Stars|
|11||Passion For Glory|
|12||Speed Of The Devil|
- Recorded At – Fantom Studio
- Mixed At – Fantom Studio
- Recorded At – Rantajätkät Studios
- Mixed At – Rantajätkät Studios
- Mastered At – Lion's Cage Studios
- Copyright (c) – Elias Viljanen
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Elias Viljanen
- Arranged By – Evil Spirit
- Artwork [Cover], Layout, Photography By – Markus Walldén
- Bass – Rami Herckman
- Drums – Tomi Ylönen
- Engineer – Tero Ylönen
- Guitar – Elias "E.Vil" Viljanen*
- Keyboards [Additional] – Jani Kemppinen (tracks: 6, 9, 11, 12), Tero Ylönen (tracks: 1 to 3, 5, 8)
- Remastered By [Digitally] – Lasse Mattson
- Written-By, Producer – E. Viljanen*
NotesRecorded and mixed at Phantom Studios (Tampere, Finland) and Rantajätkät Studios (Ylöjärvi, Finland) in May-August 2002.
Digitally mastered at Lion's Cage Studios, Åland.
©+℗ Elias Viljanen 2002
℗ & © 2002
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Printed): 6 419922 223222
- Barcode (Scanned): 6419922223222
- Rights Society: BIEM/n©b
- Rights Society: TEOSTO
|LMC 306||Elias Viljanen||Taking The Lead (CD, Album, RE + DVD)||Lion Music||LMC 306||Finland||2011|
|MICP-10758||Elias Viljanen||Taking The Lead (CD, Album, RE)||Avalon||MICP-10758||Japan||2008|