- Title:Feverhouse - The Soundtrack
- Style:Soundtrack, Industrial, Experimental, Minimal
- Date of release:
- Size FLAC version1669 megabytes
- Size MP3 version1767 megabytes
- Size WMA version1797 megabytes
- Formats:ADX DMF VOC AIFF VQF AHX AC3
Profile: Manchester post-punk band, initially active between 1979 and 1989, who recorded for various labels including New Hormones, Paragon, Situation Two and Factory. Sites: bitingtongues. com, MySpace, ltmrecordings. Members: Colin Seddon, Eddie Sherwood, Graham Massey, Howard Walmsley, Ken Hollings, Mark Derby, Paddy Steer, Phil Kirby, Tom Barnish. Feverhouse - The Soundtrack (LP, Album).
Feverhouse: The Soundtrack. Release group by Biting Tongues. Feverhouse: The Soundtrack. FACT 105. Release group information.
Biting Tongues was formed when Tony Wilson's Factory Club in Manchester offered an open invitation to experiment, which was taken up when Ken Hollings, Howard Walmsley, Eddie Sherwood and a few others decided to make some noise to accompany their 16mm silent epic Biting Tongues.
About Biting Tongues. This Manchester, England-based unit was formed by Graham Massey and Howard Walmsley in 1980, ostensibly to provide soundtracks for the latter’s live film screenings. With Massey on guitar and Walmsley on saxophone, they added local writer Ken Hollings as vocalist, Colin Seddon on bass and Eddie Sherwood on drums. The Factory album, accompanied by singles ‘Trouble Hand’ and ‘Compressor’, acted as a soundtrack to another Walmsley film (in addition, there was a full-scale video album in 1988, Wall Of Surf). However, as the 80s progressed, Clarke and Kirby drifted off into the ranks of the increasingly successful Yargo, leaving the band’s founding duo to return to work on video/soundtracks. A fifth album was aborted when their fifth record company, Cut Deep, collapsed. In 1985 Factory gave Feverhouse a belated commercial release on album and video, which led to the band joining the label for some long overdue new recordings.
Experimental Post Punk group from Manchester UK. formed in 1979 at The Factory Club . From the the exhibition at Stockport Museum. Biting Tongues recorded some of the Recharge album at Strawberry Recording Studios in 1989 for Cut Deep Records who had an office upstairs at Waterloo Rd,Biting Tongues also recorded "Compressor '(Fac188) at Yellow 2 studios in 1987.
|Feverhouse Parts 1 To 4|
|A1||Feverhouse Part 1||2:44|
|A2||Feverhouse Part 2||2:35|
|A3||Feverhouse Part 3||3:36|
|A4||Feverhouse Part 4||8:02|
|Feverhouse Parts 5 To 10|
|B1||Feverhouse Part 5||3:23|
|B2||Feverhouse Part 6||3:10|
|B3||Feverhouse Part 7||2:20|
|B4||Feverhouse Part 8||1:40|
|B5||Feverhouse Part 9||3:30|
|B6||Feverhouse Part 10||2:30|
- Recorded At – Spirit Studios
- Recorded At – Bootleg Studios
- Lacquer Cut At – The Town House
- Published By – Twist And Shout Music
- Instruments [All Instruments], Tape [Tapes], Voice [Voices] – Biting Tongues
- Plated By – DW (tracks: B1 to B6)
- Producer [Produced By] – Biting Tongues, Dave Pringle
- Recorded By – Dave Pringle
- Written-By – Colin Seddon, Graham Massey, Howard Walmsley
NotesRecorded at Spirit and Bootleg Studios, Manchester, 1983.
A Factory Records Product [on spine]
A Factory Record [on labels]
Soundtrack to black & white movie Feverhouse.
The VHS video release was also catalogued as FACT 105.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout, etched): FACT 105 A3 TOWNHOUSE PC
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout, etched): FACT 105 B1 DW TOWNHOUSE