- Title:And I'll Scratch Yours
- Style:Vocal, Post Rock, Indie Pop, Alternative Rock, Classic Rock
- Date of release:
- Size FLAC version1549 megabytes
- Size MP3 version1136 megabytes
- Size WMA version1672 megabytes
- Formats:WAV MIDI AAC AHX AC3 MP4 VOX
Peter Gabriel: And I'll Scratch Yours. Everything That Happens Will Happen On This Tour - EP. David Byrne. The Genesis of Genesis. Peter Gabriel & Genesis. The Bootleg Series, Vol. 8: Tell Tale Signs - Rare and Unreleased 1989-2006 (Bonus Track Version). Zero ads. Try it now. Learn more.
Peter Gabriel - And I'll Scratch Yours (PGCD14) 00. pg. Peter Gabriel - And I'll Scratch Yours (PGCD14) 00. Peter Gabriel - And I'll Scratch Yours (PGCD14) 01.
On this companion album to Peter Gabriel's 2010 solo album Scratch My Back - where Gabriel covered Arcade Fire, Radiohead and more- artists like Feist, David Byrne and Lou Reed cover Gabriel. The new versions prove just as uneven as Gabriel's covers and in many cases feel noncommittal. Peter Gabriel ’s latest project didn’t go exactly as planned. Who knows how I’ll Scratch Yours would have sounded if it had been released as planned, on schedule and with all artists amenable? Gabriel intended this pair of albums to be an exercise in mutual interpretation, emphasizing not only the songwriting but the distinctive tics and traits an artist naturally brings to lyrics and melody. There’s something charming about the clunkiness of that concept, especially the way it ignores the realities of dealing with artists ( like herding cats, he told The Guardian ) and releasing music in a digital era.
Peter Gabriel is the second solo studio album by English singer-songwriter Peter Gabriel, released in 1978. The album is the second of four with the same title. Guitarist Robert Fripp served as producer, whose influence on the album is evident in the use of 'Frippertronics' on the track "Exposure". The album did not sell as well as the first Peter Gabriel, but reached No. 10 on the UK charts. Mother of Violence" was written by Peter and his first wife Jill Gabriel.
Three years in gestation - which, in Peter Gabriel time, is a mere handful of months - And I'll Scratch Yours, the companion piece to the 2010 covers album Scratch My Back, finds most (but certainly not all) of the artists who were interpreted on Gabriel's album returning the favor by tackling the progressive singer/songwriter's back catalog. Not every artist chose to scratch Gabriel's back.
Band Name Peter Gabriel. Album Name And I'll Scratch Yours. Erscheinungsdatum 23 September 2013. Mitglieder die dieses Album besitzen2. DAVID BYRNE - I Don't Remember. BON IVER - Come Talk to Me. REGINA SPEKTOR - Blood of Eden. STEPHIN MERRITT - Not One of Us. JOSEPH ARTHUR - Shock the Monkey. RANDY NEWMAN - Big Time. ARCADE FIRE - Games without Frontiers.
And I'll Scratch Yours. Rock Pop rock Art rock Pop Progressive rock Experimental rock Worldbeat. I Don't Remember (with David Byrne). Come Talk to Me (with Bon Iver). Blood of Eden (with Regina Spektor). Not One of Us (with Stephin Merritt). Shock the Monkey (with Joseph Arthur). Big Time (with Randy Newman). Games without Frontiers (with Arcade Fire).
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||–David Byrne||I Don't Remember
Instruments, Vocals – DB*Mixed By – Patrick Dillett
|2||–Bon Iver||Come Talk To Me
Drums – Sean Carey Instruments [All Other] – Justin VernonVoice – Kimberly Lockwood, Rick Lockwood
|3||–Regina Spektor||Blood Of Eden
Instruments [All Instruments Performed By] – Jack Dishel, Joe Mendelson, Regina SpektorMixed By – Joe MendelsonProducer, Arranged By – Jack Dishel, Joe Mendelson, Regina SpektorVocals – Jack Dishel, Regina Spektor
|4||–Stephin Merritt||Not One Of Us
Producer, Recorded By, Mixed By – Charles Newman, Stephin Merritt
|5||–Joseph Arthur||Shock The Monkey
Guitar [Moog Guitar], Bass – Joseph Arthur
|6||–Randy Newman||Big Time
Producer, Mixed By – Bruno Coon
|7||–Arcade Fire||Games Without Frontiers
Mixed By – Tom ElmhirstProducer – Arcade FireRecorded By – Korey Richey, Mark Lawson
Mixed By – Craig PotterProducer – Elbow
|9||–Brian Eno||Mother Of Violence
Written-By – Jill Gabriel
|10||–Feist Feat. Timber Timbre||Don't Give Up
Mixed By – Renaud LetangOrgan, Synthesizer – MockyPercussion – Paul Taylor Producer – Feist, Mocky, Morri$Recorded By, Engineer – Robbie LackritzViolin – Mika PosenVocals, Guitar – Taylor KirkVocals, Guitar, Synthesizer, Pedalboard [Pedals] – Leslie Feist
|11||–Lou Reed||Solsbury Hill
Engineer – Eric KramerGuitar [Additional] – Mike RathkeProducer, Mixed By – Lou ReedProgrammed By [Additional Programming] – Sarth Calhoun
Cello – Mark Stewart
- Distributed By – Caroline Distribution
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Peter Gabriel Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Peter Gabriel Ltd.
- Published By – Real World Music Ltd.
- Published By – EMI Music Publishing
- Mastered At – Metropolis Mastering
- Glass Mastered At – EDC, Germany – 53323029
- Designed At – Real World Design
- Recorded At – South Hell Studio
- Recorded At – April Base
- Recorded At – Gramercy Post
- Recorded At – The Overlook, NYC
- Recorded At – Stephin's Studio
- Recorded At – Rebel Country Studios
- Recorded At – Sonovox Studios
- Recorded At – Blueprint Studios
- Recorded At – Perfect Sound Studios
- Produced At – April Base
- Produced At – Stephin's Studio
- Mixed At – Gramercy Post
- Mixed At – Stephin's Studio
- Mixed At – Studios Ferber
- Artwork [Co-ordination] – Sophie Beck
- Compiled By [Compilation And Assembly Assistant] – Oli Jacobs
- Compiled By [Compilation And Assembly] – Dickie Chappell*
- Coordinator [Artist Co-ordinator] – Amanda Jones
- Design – Marc Bessant
- Illustration [PG Bloodspot] – David Hiscock
- Illustration [Stinging Nettle Hair, Freeze Fractured Skin Of Fingertip] – Steve Gschmeissner
- Illustration [Stinging Nettle Hair] – Marc Bessant
- Liner Notes – Peter Gabriel
- Management [Project Management] – Amanda Jones , Mike Large*, Michael Thomas
- Mastered By – Tony Cousins
- Other [Assistant To Peter Gabriel] – Annie Parsons
- Photography By – Alex Hammond, Anna Gabriel, Ben Feist, Jack Dishel, Korey Richey, Lou Reed
- Sleeve Notes – Nige Tassell
- Written-By – Peter Gabriel
NotesTrack 1 recorded @ South Hell, NYC. ℗ 2010 Peter Gabriel Ltd.
Track 2 recorded and produced at April Base, Fall Creek, Wisconsin. ℗ 2010 Jagjaguwar.
Track 3 recorded at Gramercy Post, NYC and The Overlook, NYC. Mixed at Gramercy Post, NYC. ℗ 2013 Peter Gabriel Ltd.
Track 4 produced, recorded and mixed at Stephin's Studio, Hollywood. ℗ 2010 Peter Gabriel Ltd.
Track 5 recorded at Rebel Country Studios in Brooklyn, NY for The Voice Project. ℗ 2013 Peter Gabriel Ltd.
Track 6 recorded and mixed in Los Angeles, CA. Randy Newman appears courtesy of Nonesuch Records. ℗ 2013 Peter Gabriel Ltd.
Track 7 recorded at Sonovox Studios. ℗ 2013 Peter Gabriel Ltd.
Track 8 recorded at Blueprint Studios, Salford. Elbow appear courtesy of Fiction Records. ℗ 2010 Peter Gabriel Ltd.
Track 9 ℗ 2013 Peter Gabriel Ltd.
Track 10 mixed at Studios Ferber, Paris. Additional recording at Perfect Sound, Los Angeles. Feist appear courtesy of Polydor Records France. Taylor Kirk appears courtesy of Arts and Crafts Productions. ℗ 2013 Peter Gabriel Ltd.
Track 11 ℗ 2010 Peter Gabriel Ltd.
Track 12 ℗ 2010 Peter Gabriel Ltd.
℗ 2013 Peter Gabriel Ltd.
© 2013 Peter Gabriel Ltd.
Printed in the EU.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (String): 88410800211 7
- Barcode (Text): 8 84108 00211 7
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): 08841 080 021-1 01 + 53323029 MADE IN GERMANY BY EDC
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI LV27
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 0157
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): 08841 080 021-1 01 + 53323029 MADE IN GERMANY BY EDC A
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI LV27
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 0132
|88410800211||Peter Gabriel||And I'll Scratch Yours (CD, Album)||Real World Records||88410800211||Brazil||2013|
|PGCD14, 884108002117||Peter Gabriel||And I'll Scratch Yours (CD, Album, Unofficial)||Real World Records , Real World Records||PGCD14, 884108002117||Russia||2013|
|66||Peter Gabriel||And I'll Scratch Yours (File, FLAC, Album)||Society of Sound Music||66||UK||2013|
|none||Peter Gabriel||And I'll Scratch Yours (CDr, Album, Promo)||Real World Records||none||Europe||2013|
|C3131RD03140853LH||Peter Gabriel||And I'll Scratch Yours (CD, Album, Promo)||Real World Records||C3131RD03140853LH||Europe||2013|