- Title:Basie Is Back
- Style:Big Band, Bop
- Date of release:
- Size FLAC version1200 megabytes
- Size MP3 version1457 megabytes
- Size WMA version1821 megabytes
- Formats:MOD ADX TTA MP4 VQF WMA APE
The Count Basie Orchestra is a 16 to 18 piece big band, one of the most prominent jazz performing groups of the swing era, founded by Count Basie in 1935 and recording regularly from 1936. Despite a brief disbandment at the beginning of the 1950s, the band survived long past the Big Band era itself and the death of Basie in 1984. It continues as a 'ghost band'.
No, the Count isn't literally back. in fact, he's never really been away, as the Count Basie Orchestra has kept rolling along under a series of leaders since Basie's death in April 1984. This latest incarnation, directed by the Count's longtime bass trombonist Bill Hughes, was recorded in concert in October '05 at Denryoku Hall in Sendai, Japan. Following in the footsteps of Basie's Old Testament and New Testament bands, Aaron Woodward writes in his liner notes, "We are calling this the 'Born Again' era of the Count Basie Orchestra
Скачать песню The Count Basie Orchestra в хорошем качестве (320Kbps), а также слушать их онлайн. The Very Thought Of You. 2:29. Prime Time (Album Version).
The Count Basie Orchestra recieve their 20th Grammy Nomination for Best large Jazz Ensemble Album 2019 with ‘All About That Basie’. Watch on Feb 10 CBS ww. bs. Part of the appeal of The Count Basie Orchestra is its dynamics. Its containment of power, as the band’s sections blend a broad spectrum of harmonization until its full strength is realized, never fails to fulfill audience expectations Arstash.
Basie Is Back is a big band music live album recording by COUNT BASIE ORCHESTRA released in 2006 on CD, LP/Vinyl and/or cassette. No release results found : showing artist results instead. All About That Basie Concord Jazz 2018. A Very Swingin' Basie Christmas! Concord Jazz 2015. COUNT BASIE ORCHESTRA Basie Is Back CD Europe Concord 2006 13 Track. Count Basie Orchestra: Basie Is Back (CD/2007).
Tracklist Hide Credits
Written-By – Freddie Green
Written-By – Frank Foster
|3||Blues In Hoss' Flat
Written-By – Count Basie, Frank Foster
|4||Segue In "C"
Written-By – Frank Wess
Written-By – Ernie Wilkins
|6||We're In Love Again
Written-By – Harry Carney
|7||In A Mellow Tone
Written-By – Duke Ellington
|8||Body And Soul
Written-By – Edward Heyman, Frank Eyton, Johnny Green, Robert Sour
|9||Lover Come Back To Me
Written-By – Oscar Hammerstein II, Sigmund Romberg
Written-By – Neal Hefti
|11||Jumpin' At The Woodside
Written-By – Count Basie
|12||One O'Clock Jump
Written-By – Count Basie
|13||April In Paris
Written-By – E.Y. Harburg, Vernon Duke
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Village Music Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Village Music Inc.
- Made By – EDC, Germany – 51863355
- Glass Mastered At – Universal
- Alto Saxophone – Grant Langford, Marshall McDonald
- Baritone Saxophone – John Williams
- Bass – James Leary
- Concertmaster – Bill Hughes
- Drums – Butch Miles
- Guitar – Will Matthews
- Piano – Tony Suggs
- Tenor Saxophone – Doug Lawrence, Doug Miller
- Trombone – Alvin Walker, Barry Cooper, Bill Hughes , Clarence Banks, David Keim
- Trumpet – Endre Rice, Michael Williams*, Scotty Barnhart, Shawn Edmonds
- Vocals – Melba Joyce
NotesNote: Title on the spine is Basie is Back, on the disc/Booklet this title is subtitled with "Recorded Live In Japan"
Disc/Booklet: Made in the EU
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 8 88072 49352 0
- Matrix / Runout: UNIVERSAL [logo x 4] 08880 724-935-2 01 * 51863355 Made in Germany by EDC A
- Rights Society: BIEM/SABAM
- Label Code: LC 15025
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LV26
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 0137
|VRCL 18833||Count Basie Orchestra||Basie Is Back (SACD, Hybrid, Album, Ltd, Car)||Eighty-Eight's||VRCL 18833||Japan||2006|
|VRCL 38812||Count Basie Orchestra||Basie Is Back (CD, Album, RE, Pap)||Eighty-Eight's||VRCL 38812||Japan||2013|
|CCD-4935-2||Count Basie Orchestra||Basie Is Back (CD, Album)||Concord Records||CCD-4935-2||US||2006|