- Title:Sings Greatest Palace Music
- Style:Alternative Rock, Country Rock, Folk Rock, Acoustic, Classic Rock
- Date of release:
- Size FLAC version1411 megabytes
- Size MP3 version1608 megabytes
- Size WMA version1661 megabytes
- Formats:AIFF AAC DXD AAC VQF FLAC ADX
Bonnie 'Prince' Billy Sings Greatest Palace Music is a 2004 studio album by Bonnie 'Prince' Billy. It features new recordings of songs from his Palace Music era (1993–1997), recorded in Nashville, Tennessee with a large group of country session musicians. Guest musicians include Eddie Bayers, Stuart Duncan, Mark Fain, Mike Johnson, Hargus "Pig" Robbins, Andrew Bird and Bruce Watkins. Hargus "Pig" Robbins – piano. Colin Gagon – accordion, trombone.
Complete your Bonnie "Prince" Billy collection. 590092 ? Reply Notify me Helpful. referencing Sings Greatest Palace Music, LP + LP, S/Sided + RP, DC252, PR31. yeah- how do you tell between the 2012 repress and the original?!! Reply Notify me Helpful.
As Will Oldham's public identity has evolved from one of the mythic Palace Brothers to self-styled backwoods philosopher Bonnie "Prince" Billy, his musical approach has subtly evolved, with the shambolic and bare-wired attack of There Is No-One What Will Take Care of You giving way to the more subtle and artful ambience of Ease Down the Road and Master.
Sings Greatest Palace Music. By: Bonnie "Prince" Billy (2004, Rock). Ease Down The Road by Bonnie "Prince" Billy. Bonnie ‘Prince’ Billy by Bonnie "Prince" Billy. I See A Darkness by Bonnie "Prince" Billy. Beware by Bonnie "Prince" Billy. Lie Down In The Light by Bonnie "Prince" Billy. The Letting Go by Bonnie "Prince" Billy. View all albums . Sings Greatest Palace Music.
Includes unlimited streaming of Bonnie "Prince" Billy Sings Greatest Palace Music via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more. ships out within 7 days. The greatest release from the greatest Prince in the greatest Palace- historically speaking, it's a big one, people. released March 23, 2004. supported by. bsinclair.
Get the Tempo of the tracks from Greatest Palace Music (2004) by Bonnie Prince Billy. BPM Profile Greatest Palace Music. Album starts at BPM, ends at 133BPM (+133), with tempos within the -BPM range. Try refreshing the page if dots are missing). Recent albums by Bonnie Prince Billy. Epic Jammers and Fortunate Little Ditties.
Listen free to Bonnie 'Prince' Billy – Greatest Palace Music (New Partner, Ohio River Boat Song and more). Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last. Bonnie 'Prince' Billy. Greatest Palace Music. Overview (current section).
co Singles & Albums. You can make changes to the tracklist directly on MusicBrainz. Enter the url below of the most international release on MusicBrainz.
Bonnie ‘Prince’ Billy, No More Workhorse Blues b/w The Color Of My Dreams 7″, 2004. Bonny/Sweeney, I Gave You b/w Four Screams 7″, 2005 →. Bonnie Prince Billy, Sings Greatest Palace Music, 2004. All the tracks here come from Palace albums or 7 singles released between 1993 and 1995, and because I’ve written about most of them twice already, I think I’ll refrain from going into deep lyrical discussion. The music is spread across only three sides of vinyl. New Part ne. riginally from Viva Ultra Blues, 1995, this version sounds like easy-listening country in the manner of eighties Willie Nelson, which is appropriate given the chorus line, You are/were always on my mind.
Bonnie "Prince" Billy is only the latest in a long line of names under which Will Oldham has released records, and here, in an expectedly unexpected turn, he revisits songs recorded as Palace Brothers, Palace Songs, Palace Music and just plain old Palace, in the company of Nashville session musicians. Andrew Bird's string arrangements, particularly on Riding, are a revelation; now they're scrubbed up and in their Sunday best, perhaps these lyrically unforgiving songs will catch the ears of more mainstream musicians willing to take a chance. Most perverse of all is the recasting of I am a Cinematographer, the unremittingly bleak final song from Palace Brothers' Days in the Wake, as perky Western swing
Tracklist Hide Credits
Accordion – Colin GagonBacking Vocals – Aram Stith, Colin Gagon, Cynthia Hopkins, Ned OldhamDirected By [Voice Coach] – DC Berman*Electric Guitar – Matt SweeneyHorns – George Chambers , Lloyd Barry, Waldo WeathersPercussion – Jack Carneal
|A2||Ohio River Boat Song
Chorus [Women] – Ann McCrary, San Stancil, Suzanne YoungKeyboards [Underpinnings] – Tony CrowLead Guitar – Aram Stith
Arranged By [Strings] – Andrew BirdBacking Vocals – Cynthia Hopkins, Matt Sweeney
|A4||You Will Miss Me When I Burn
Glockenspiel – Andrew BirdVocals – Sue SchofieldWritten-By – Bryan Rich
|A5||The Brute Choir
Choir – Marty Slayton, Ned Oldham
|B1||I Send My Love To You
Backing Vocals [Quackers] – Iris Nevers, Lily NeversElectric Guitar – Dave Bird Vocals [Harmony] – Todd Brashear
|B2||More Brother Rides||3:04|
|B3||Agnes, Queen Of Sorrow
Electric Guitar – William TylerSynthesizer – Tony CrowVocals [The Duetress] – Marty Slayton
Vocals – Ned Oldham
Vocals [Ladies Singing] – Ann McCrary, Marty Slayton, San Stancil, Suzanne Young
Electric Guitar – Ned OldhamOther [Out There] – Paul OldhamWritten-By – Brendan Croker, Jon Langford, Sally Timms
Accordion [Squeezes] – Colin GagonGuitar [Ghost Electric] – Duane DenisonRecorded By [Additional Recording At The New Home For The Dead] – Paul OldhamStrings [Orchestre Arabe] – Andrew BirdVocals [Her Voice] – Mary FeiockVocals [His Voice] – Bobby Bare Jr.Written-By – Will OldhamWritten-By [Coda: All I Am I Give To You] – Joe Wise
|C3||West Palm Beach
Chorus – Matt Sweeney, Will OldhamElectric Guitar – Matt SweeneyPercussion – Jack CarnealVocals [Harmony] – Marty Slayton
|C4||No More Workhorse Blues
Fiddle [Norwegian Fiddle] – Andrew BirdVocals [Origin Of The Species] – David Berman
|C5||I Am A Cinematographer
Backing Vocals [Boys Singing] – Aram Stith, Colin Gagon, Dave Bird , Jack Carneal, Paul OldhamTrombone – Colin Gagon
- Record Company – Domino Recording Co. Ltd.
- Licensed To – Domino Recording Co. Ltd.
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Drag City Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Drag City Inc.
- Acoustic Guitar – Bruce Watkins
- Artwork [Etching] – Savage Pencil
- Bass – Mark Fain
- Drums – Eddie Bayers
- Fiddle, Mandolin – Stuart Duncan
- Guitar [Pedal Steel] – Mike Johnson
- Layout – Dan Osborn
- Mastered By – Paul Oldham
- Mixed By [At Rove Studios] – Paul Oldham (tracks: A2, A4, B1, C1, C2), Will Oldham (tracks: A2, A4, B1, C1, C2)
- Mixed By [At Wedgetone] – Mark Nevers (tracks: A1, A3, A5, B2 to B5, C3 to C5), Will Oldham (tracks: A1, A3, A5, B2 to B5, C3 to C5)
- Painting [Front Cover Painting] – McLean Stitch
- Painting [Interior Paintings From Paintings By] – Robert Amft
- Painting [Interior Paintings] – Patsy Desmond
- Photography [Work] – Joe Oldham, Will Oldham
- Piano – Hargus Robbins
- Producer – Mark Nevers, Will Oldham
- Recorded By [Additional Recording At Invasive Studios, Baltimore, Md] – Ned Oldham (tracks: A1, A5, B4, C1)
- Recorded By [Additional Recording At Rove Studios] – Paul Oldham (tracks: B1, C1, C2, C5)
- Recorded By [Additional Recordings At Herzog Zound, Milwaukee, Wi] – Colin Gagon (tracks: A1, C2, C5)
- Recorded By [Additional Recordings At Sueno Studios, Charleton, Sc] – Aram Stith (tracks: A1, A2, C5)
- Recorded By [Assists] – Amanda Hassell, Chris Rossi , Malcombe Gibbs, Rich Feaster
- Recorded By [At The Castle And At The Beech House] – Mark Nevers
- Saxophone – D.V. Devincentis (tracks: A3, B4, B5)
- Strings – Andrew Bird (tracks: A3, B4, B5)
- Vocals – Will Oldham
- Written-By – Will Oldham (tracks: A1 to A3, A5 to B5, C2 to C5)
NotesReleased on 3 sided double LP.
Side D has sketchings on it.
Recorded at The Castle & at The Beech House.
Mixed at Wedgetone (except where noted).
Mastered at Rove, Shelbyville, KY.
Housed in a gatefold sleeve.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 5 034202 114017
|DC252CD, PR31CD||Bonnie "Prince" Billy||Sings Greatest Palace Music (CD, Album)||Drag City, Palace Records||DC252CD, PR31CD||US||2004|
|WIGCD140||Bonnie "Prince" Billy||Sings Greatest Palace Music (CD, Album)||Domino||WIGCD140||Europe||2004|
|none||Bonnie "Prince" Billy||Sings Greatest Palace Music (CDr, Promo, Smplr)||Domino||none||UK||2004|
|WIGLP140||Bonnie "Prince" Billy||Sings Greatest Palace Music (LP + LP, S/Sided, Etch)||Domino||WIGLP140||UK||2004|
|DC252, PR31||Bonnie "Prince" Billy||Sings Greatest Palace Music (LP + LP, S/Sided + RP)||Drag City, Palace Records||DC252, PR31||US||2012|