Los Cochinos ("The Pigs") is a 1973 comedy album recorded by Cheech & Chong. The Spanish term cochino is a derogatory way of referring to a pig, as it also means "dirty", in contrast to cerdo, a more neutral word for a pig as an animal. In this context, "cochino" (" pig") equates to the American derogatory term "pig" for "policeman". The album cover of Los Cochinos had concept origination, design and art direction by Peter Corriston. The package design was nominated for a Grammy award
Cheech And Chong – Los Cochinos (1973) Ode Records – Vinyl, LP, Album.
BPM Profile Los Cochinos. Album starts at 110BPM, ends at 136BPM (+26), with tempos within the -BPM range. Try refreshing the page if dots are missing). Recent albums by Cheech & Chong.
|3||Up His Nose||3:25|
|4||Pedro And Man At The Drive-Inn||12:44|
|5||The Strawberry Revival Festival||3:24|
|6||Don't Bug Me||1:27|
|7||Evelyn Woodhead Speed Reading Course||0:36|
|10||White World Of Sports||3:02|
- Pressed By – WEA Mfg. Olyphant – X11314
- Artwork [Collages] – Paul Zammit
- Artwork [Tinting] – Andy Reichline, Reed Hutchinson
- Bass – Klaus Voorman*
- Design – Peter Corriston
- Drums – Jim Karsten*
- Electric Piano – Carole King
- Guitar – George Harrison
- Horns – Dick "Slyde" Hyde*, George Bohanon, Paul Hubinon
- Organ – Billy Preston
- Percussion – Jim Keltner
- Performer – Sister Mary Elephant
- Performer [Cheerleaders] – Michelle "Trixie" Phillips*, The Blossoms
- Performer [Santana St. School 6th Grade Class] – Bonnie Pollei, Jill Smith, Kierk Goodwich, Leslie Maniskas, Leslie Oyler, Lisa Romane, Nolia Kienholz, Rae Dawn Chong, Robbie Chong, Scott Harper , Scott Smith , Sherry Goffen*
- Performer [The Blossoms] – Darlene Love, Fanita Jones, Jean King
- Photography By – Ed Caraeff
- Piano – Nicky Hopkins
- Producer – Lou Adler
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Bongo Norm Kinney*
- Saxophone – Tom Scott
- Written-By – Cheech Marin, Thomas Chong
NotesAlbum originally released 1973.
Recorded at Andre Studios - Montreal, Canada
Electric Lady Studios, New York City
A & M Studios, Hollywood
Main artist as on cover, name on disc is "Cheech & Chong".
Warner Bros. Records Inc. for the U.S., a Time Warner Company. ℗ 1973 Ode Records. Mfg. by WEA Manufacturing.
Made in USA
Warner Bros. Records Inc., a Time Warner Company. © 1973 Ode Records ℗ 1973 Ode Records. Made in U.S.A.
Logo on disc and back sleeve reads: "Under the direction of Ode Sounds & Visuals"
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 7599-27370-2 9
- Other (SPARS Code): AAD
- Matrix / Runout: wea mfg. OLYPHANT X11314 1 3252-2 RE-1 01
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L902
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 2U3T
|SP 77019||Cheech Y Chong*||Los Cochinos (LP, Album, Pit)||Ode Records||SP 77019||US||1973|
|L 34980, ODE SP 77019||Cheech Y Chong*||Los Cochinos (LP, Album)||Ode Records , Ode Records||L 34980, ODE SP 77019||Australia||1973|
|BSK 3252||Cheech Y Chong*||Los Cochinos (LP, Album)||Warner Bros. Records||BSK 3252||US||1973|
|CS-77019||Cheech Y Chong*||Los Cochinos (Cass, Album, Tit)||Ode Records||CS-77019||US||Unknown|
|BSK 3252||Cheech Y Chong*||Los Cochinos (LP, Album, RE, Win)||Warner Bros. Records||BSK 3252||US||1978|