- Title:OK Computer OKNOTOK 1997 2017
- Style:Alternative Rock, Art Rock, Experimental
- Date of release:
- Size FLAC version1302 megabytes
- Size MP3 version1983 megabytes
- Size WMA version1228 megabytes
- Formats:MIDI AIFF MPC WMA DXD MP4 AC3
OK Computer OKNOTOK is a reissue of the 1997 album OK Computer by the English alternative rock band Radiohead. It was released in June 2017, the album's 20th anniversary, following the acquisition of Radiohead's back catalogue by XL Recordings from EMI in 2016. The album is remastered and includes B-sides released on OK Computer singles, plus three previously unreleased songs: "I Promise", "Man of War", and "Lift".
The reissue includes bonus tracks (three previously unreleased) and completely remastered versions of the album tracks. It was released on June 23, 2017 digitally, as a double CD set, and a triple LP pressed on 180 gram vinyl. The expanded box set includes a triple LP, as well as a C90 cassette mix tape compiled by the band and taken from the OK Computer session archives and demo tapes.
Album · 1997 · 23 Songs. The centerpiece of OKNOTOK’s second set of unreleased tracks and B-sides, it’s a startlingly beautiful snapshot of the band’s ridiculous post-The Bends, OK Computer-era potency. Elsewhere, Lift is another glistening gem from the vaults and Meeting in the Aisle provides a reminder of the band’s haunting way around an instrumental. A remastered OK Computer, meanwhile, remains the foreboding masterpiece it ever was. OK Computer OKNOTOK Radiohead.
Twenty years on, Radiohead revisit their 1997 masterpiece with a deluxe reissue. The bonus material includes familiar B-sides and a few previously unheard recordings that hint at an intriguing road not taken. It’s unclear what happened to that album. OK Computer obviously wasn’t it. But there has always been a tantalizing alternate-history version of Radiohead’s third LP lurking behind the finished product. Their sessions weren’t exactly a deep-dive into hell, despite the record’s now-concrete reputation as a piece of digital-age prophecy.
OK Computer offered an eerily clairvoyant vision of digital angst and alienation. In 1996, during sessions for their third album, Radiohead recorded a track called Lift. Like much of their new material, it had first been performed during a disastrous American tour that same year, supporting Alanis Morissette. But unlike the other new songs Radiohead had played, Lift had gone down well. Listening to it on the 20th anniversary reissue of OK Computer, you can see why: it is blessed with an immense, air-punch-inducing chorus. The thing is, Lift is on the second disc, the one filled with B-sides and outtakes
Listen free to Radiohead – OK Computer OKNOTOK (Airbag (Remastered), Paranoid Android (Remastered) and more). OK Computer OKNOTOK (sometimes referred to simply as OKNOTOK) includes a remastered version of OK Computer, plus eight B-sides and three previously unreleased tracks: "I Promise," "Man of War", and "Lift". It also includes an audio cassette of OK Computer demos and session recordings, among them a previously unreleased song, and early versions of "The National Anthem", "Motion Picture Soundtrack" and "Nude", released on future albums. Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.
OKNOTOK features the original OK COMPUTER twelve track album, eight B-sides, and the Radiohead completist's dream: 'I Promise,' 'Lift,' and 'Man Of Wa. The original studio recordings of these three previously unreleased and long sought after OK COMPUTER era tracks finally receive their first official issue on OKNOTOK. All material on OKNOTOK is newly remastered from the original analogue tapes.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A3||Subterranean Homesick Alien|
|B4||Exit Music (For A Film)|
|C9||Climbing Up The Walls|
|E14||Man Of War
Conductor [Conducted By] – Robert ZieglerEngineer [Engineered By] – Fiona Cruickshank, Sam Petts Davies*Strings [Strings Played By] – The Royal Philharmonic Orchestra
|E17||Meeting In The Aisle|
|F20||Polyethylene (Parts 1 & 2)|
|F23||How I Made My Millions|
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – XL Recordings Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – XL Recordings Ltd.
- Mixed At – Mayfair Studios
- Mixed At – Abbey Road Studios
- Mixed At – Air Lyndhurst Studios
- Mixed At – Courtyard Studio
- Mixed At – The Church, London
- Overdubbed At – Mayfair Studios
- Overdubbed At – Abbey Road Studios
- Overdubbed At – Air Lyndhurst Studios
- Overdubbed At – Courtyard Studio
- Overdubbed At – The Church, London
- Lacquer Cut At – Alchemy Mastering
- Pressed By – Optimal Media GmbH – BH76012
- Pressed By – Optimal Media GmbH – BH77761
- Pressed By – Optimal Media GmbH – BH76013
- Manufactured By – XL Recordings Ltd.
- Distributed By – XL Recordings Ltd.
- Arranged By [Strings Arranged By] – Radiohead
- Artwork [Pictures Done By] – Stanley Donwood, The White Chocolate Farm
- Conductor [Strings Conducted By] – Nick Ingman
- Engineer [Original Studio Assistants] – Chris Scard, Gerard Navarro, Jon Bailey
- Lacquer Cut By – Bazza
- Management [The Office Is Still Run By] – Julie Calland
- Management [Then As Now We Are Still Managed By] – Brian Message, Bryce Edge, Chris Hufford, Courtyard*
- Music By [All The Music Written By] – Colin Greenwood, Ed O'Brien, Jonny Greenwood, Philip Selway*, Thom Yorke
- Producer [Produced By] – Nigel Godrich
- Recorded By [Committed To Tape By] – Nigel Godrich, Radiohead
- Remastered By [This Re-issue Has Been Remastered By] – Bob Ludwig
NotesReleased in a triple-sleeve gatefold jacket with colour printed inner sleeves.
The release consists of the original twelve track album, three unreleased tracks and eight B-sides,
all newly remastered from the original analogue tapes, and includes a download code for the album (MP3 or 16/44.1 WAV files)
Audio mixing and dubbing was done at Mayfair, Abbey Road, Air Lyndhurst, Courtyard and The Church Studios.
Tracklist is numbered sequentially from 1-23 (printed on jacket rear).
Logical track order: ip: 1-3 skip: 4-6 sky: 7-10 blue: 11-12 who's: 13-17 it: 18-23
℗ 1997-2017 The copyright in this sound recording is owned by XL Recordings Limited.
© 1997-2017 XL Recordings Limited.
Printed in E.U. [jacket]
Made in the E.U. [labels]
This re-issue is dedicated to the memory of Dr. Rachael Owen 1968-2016 who died after a long and brave battle with cancer.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Text): 6 34904 08681 7
- Barcode (Scanned): 634904086817
- Label Code: LC 05667
- Matrix / Runout (Side A etched, variant 1): XLLP 868-A1 BH76012-01 A1 BAZZA ALCHEMY IP
- Matrix / Runout (Side B etched, variant 1): XLLP 868-B1 BH76012-01 B1 SKIP
- Matrix / Runout (Side C etched, variant 1): XLLP 868-C1 BH76012-02 C1 SKY
- Matrix / Runout (Side D etched, variant 1): XLLP 868-D1 BH76012-02 D1 BLUE PW
- Matrix / Runout (Side E etched, variant 1): XLLP 868-E3 BH77761-01 E1
- Matrix / Runout (Side F etched, variant 1): XLLP 868-F1 BH76013-01 F1 IT
- Matrix / Runout (Side A etched, variant 2): XLLP 868-A¹ VΛT BH76012-01 A¹ BAZZA ALCHEMY IP
- Matrix / Runout (Side B etched, variant 2): XLLP 868-B¹ 911 BH76012-01 B₁ SKIP
- Matrix / Runout (Side C etched, variant 2): XLLP 868-C¹ -VΛ BH76012-02 C₁ SKY
- Matrix / Runout (Side D etched, variant 2): XLLP 868-D¹ BH76012-02 D₁ PW BLUE PW
- Matrix / Runout (Side E etched, variant 2): XLLP 868-E³ ∆TΛ BH77761-01 E₁
- Matrix / Runout (Side F etched, variant 2): XLLP 868-F¹ VTΛ BH76013-01 F₁ IT
- Matrix / Runout (Side A etched, variant 3): XLLP 868-A¹ BH76012-01 A₁ BAZZA ALCHEMY I=Λ IP
- Matrix / Runout (Side B etched, variant 3): XLLP 868-B¹ BH76012-01 B₁ SKIP
- Matrix / Runout (Side C etched, variant 3): XLLP 868-C¹ BH76012-02 C₁ SKY ⊥IΛ
- Matrix / Runout (Side D etched, variant 3): XLLP 868-D¹ BH76012-02 D₁ PW BLUE ㄥI7
- Matrix / Runout (Side E etched, variant 3): XLLP 868-E³ V⊥= BH77761-01 E₁
- Matrix / Runout (Side F etched, variant 3): XLLP 868-F¹ BH76013-01 F₁ V=1 IT
|NODATA 02, 7243 8 55229 1 8||Radiohead||OK Computer (2xLP, Album, Gat)||Parlophone, Parlophone||NODATA 02, 7243 8 55229 1 8||UK||1997|
|ABS 104022||Radiohead||OK Computer + 6 Bonus Tracks! (CD, Album, Unofficial)||Not On Label (Radiohead)||ABS 104022||Russia||Unknown|
|7 24385 5229 2 5||Radiohead||OK Computer (CD, Album)||EMI||7 24385 5229 2 5||Taiwan||1997|
|EKPD-0610||Radiohead||OK Computer (CD, Album)||EMI (Korea)||EKPD-0610||South Korea||1997|
|none||Radiohead||OK Computer + 6 Bonus Tracks! (CDr, Album, Unofficial)||Not On Label (Radiohead)||none||Unknown|