- Title:Oh, My Girl
- Style:Folk Rock
- Date of release:
- Size FLAC version1664 megabytes
- Size MP3 version1406 megabytes
- Size WMA version1490 megabytes
- Formats:AU MMF RA AUD MP1 MOD DMF
Jesse Sykes (née Solomon) (born July 17, 1967) is an American singer and songwriter, best known for her band Jesse Sykes & the Sweet Hereafter, which was formed in 1999 with Phil Wandscher. Sykes was born in Mount Kisco, New York, and grew up in Pound Ridge, New York. An obsession with Lynyrd Skynyrd drove her to purchase her first guitar at age 12. She has a BFA in photography from Rhode Island School of Design.
Psychedelic Rock Jesse Sykes And The Sweet Hereafter. Lista de los grupos Psychedelic Rock Jesse Sykes And The Sweet Hereafter Oh, My Girl. añadir las palabras del álbum. Other productions from Jesse Sykes And The Sweet Hereafter. Marble Son. Like Love Lust and the Open Halls of the Soul.
Oh, My Girl, the second album by singer/songwriter Jesse Sykes and her band the Sweet Hereafter - led by Phil Wandscher - picks up where her debut, Reckless Burning, left off. Songs are played at cough-syrup tempo, production is sparse, instrumentation equally so, offering just enough of a frame for the melody and lyrics to hang themselves on, and everything, absolutely everything, is underplayed. There is plenty of dynamic tension, but little to no dynamic range. Yes, this is a good thing. Sykes' ghostly voice, which hovers about her words more than inhabits them, has enough old-world.
Troubled Soul Lyrics. My heart knows It needs protection While it grows. Somebody show me A place I can go where love's around A trip to the ocean I just need to get far from town. There's no way around this No way around this No way around this troubled soul. Now you're gone And I stand I stand between time. Troubled Soul" Track Info. Oh, My Girl Jesse Sykes & The Sweet Hereafter.
The group's second album, Oh, My Girl, came out two years later. Their third effort, 2007's Like, Love, Lust and the Open Halls of the Soul, introduced new drummer Eric Eagle, replacing Kevin Warner. Marble Son, co-produced by Sykes and Wandscher and recorded entirely in and around Seattle, appeared in 2011. It was also the group's first release for their own Parisian Records, after parting ways with Barsuk.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Oh, My Girl
Written-By – J. Sykes*
|A2||You Are Not Gotton Here
Pedal Steel Guitar – Greg Reading*Written-By – J. Sykes*
Organ – Greg Reading*Percussion – Tucker MartineWritten-By – J. Sykes*
|A4||The Dreaming Dead
Acoustic Guitar – Jon HydePercussion – Tucker MartineWritten-By – J. Sykes*
|A5||Your Eyes Told
Percussion – Tucker MartineSteel Guitar – Greg Reading*Written-By – J. Sykes*, P. Wandscher*
|B1||Tell The Boys
Organ [Hammond] – Ron WeinsteinWritten-By – J. Sykes*, P. Wandscher*
|B2||Birds Over Water
Written-By – J. Sykes*
Pedal Steel Guitar – Jon HydeWritten-By – J. Sykes*
|B4||House By The Lake
Drums – Tucker MartineWritten-By – J. Sykes*, P. Wandscher*
|B5||Grow A New Heart
Organ [Hammond] – Ron WeinsteinPedal Steel Guitar – Greg Reading*Steel Guitar – Greg Reading*Written-By – J. Sykes*, P. Wandscher*
- Licensed From – Barsuk Records
- Manufactured By – www.gzvinyl.com
- Pressed By – GZ Digital Media – 58612E
- Published By – Spooky American Music
- Published By – Maggot Brain Music
- Recorded At – Flora Ave
- Mastered At – SAE Mastering
- Artwork, Design – Jay Bryant
- Banjo, Mandolin – Ian Parks
- Drums, Percussion – Kevin Warner
- Flugelhorn – Dave Carter
- Guitar, Harmonium, Organ, Vocals – Phil Wandscher
- Mastered By – Roger Seibel
- Photography By [Band Photo] – Sanford Wilson
- Photography By [Jesse Photo] – Butch Hogan
- Photography By [Other Photos] – Jesse Sykes
- Piano, Electric Piano [Wurlitzer], Trombone, Keyboards, Vibraphone – Steve Moore
- Producer, Recorded By, Mixed By – Tucker Martine
- Sounds – Tucker Martine
- Viola, Vocals – Anne Marie Ruljancich
- Vocals, Acoustic Guitar – Jesse Sykes
- Vocals, Electric Upright Bass – Bill Herzog
NotesHas printed inner sleeve.
Licensed from Barsuk Records
Jesse Sykes ©2004 published by Spooky American Music (BMI) except A5, B1, B4 & B5 Sykes/Wandscher published by Spooky American Music (BMI) and Maggot Brain Music (BMI).
Recorded at Flora, Seattle, WA.
Mastered at SAE, Phoenix, AZ.
Pressing plant is derived from matrix.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 6 46315 40861 4
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout laser etched): 58612E1/A www.gzvinyl.com
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout laser etched): 58612E2/A
|FA20449||Jesse Sykes & The Sweet Hereafter||Oh, My Girl (CD, Album)||Fargo Records||FA20449||France||2004|
|BARK36||Jesse Sykes & The Sweet Hereafter||Oh, My Girl (CD, Album)||Barsuk Records||BARK36||US||2004|
|FA20449||Jesse Sykes & The Sweet Hereafter||Oh, My Girl (CD, Album, Promo)||Fargo Records||FA20449||France||2004|
|bark36pr||Jesse Sykes & The Sweet Hereafter||Oh, My Girl (CD, Album, Promo)||Barsuk Records||bark36pr||US||2004|