- Title:Live At Montreux
- Style:Fusion, Contemporary Jazz
- Date of release:
- Size FLAC version1152 megabytes
- Size MP3 version1736 megabytes
- Size WMA version1342 megabytes
- Formats:AA VQF AUD MP2 VOC TTA WMA
Don Ellis Live at Montreux is a live album by Don Ellis recorded in 1977 and released on the Atlantic label.
Don Ellis' final record as a leader (he passed away from a bad heart in Dec. 1978) is a worthwhile effort. Ellis' large orchestra (four reeds, eight brass, one keyboard, two bassists, two drummers, two percussionists and a string quartet) performs six of the leader's originals and, although none of the songs are all that memorable, there are many fine solos.
Only for completionists (0%). Released in 1978, Live at Montreux is Don Ellis' last record before his untimely death due to heart problems. This isn't Ellis' best album, but it's still excellent modern big band music, just not as progressive or psychedelic as some of his other releases
Recorded 27 years ago, this album from the Don Ellis library contains all the rhythmic and polyphonic excitement that you’d expect from such a pioneer in modern big band jazz. With this CD release, the original LP has been augmented by the addition of three previously unreleased tracks that came from the same Montreux performance. With his trumpet in hand, and an instrumentation that exceeds the norm, Ellis gave the world a remarkable sound. His compositions and arrangements left their mark. Therefore, the inclusion here of live performances of these three pieces at Montreux was never considered. They make a sizable addition to the concert, however, and these arrangements fit in well. Arcturus was the concert’s encore.
Live At Montreux, 2005. Now playing: No Doubt Don't Speak. Normani Dancing with a Stranger. Don Ellis, Live At Montreux.
Artist: Don Ellis Duration: 05:54 File type: mp3. Play Pause Download. other tracks: Don Ellis. play) (pause) (download) (fb) (vk) (tw). Don Ellis Pussy wiggle stomp (7/8). Don Ellis Star Wars (Disco, Jazz-Funk, Funk, Sou.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Soloist – Dave Crigger*, Don Ellis
Soloist – Ann Patterson, Don Ellis, James Coile*, Jim Snodgrass, Sidney Muldrow, Ted Nash
Soloist – Alan Kaplan, Jack Coan, James Coile*, Jimbo Ross, Pam Tompkins
|4||Go - No - Go
Soloist – Don Ellis, Ted Nash
Soloist – Alan Kaplan, Don Ellis
Soloist – Alan Kaplan, Chino*, Dave Crigger*, Don Ellis, James Coile*, Jimbo Ross, Mike Englander, Randy Kerber, Ruth Ritchie, Ted Nash
- A&R – Raymond Silva
- Alto Saxophone, Flute, Clarinet – Ted Nash
- Alto Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone, Oboe, Flute, Piccolo Flute – Ann Patterson
- Artwork [Cover] – Joan Hall
- Baritone Saxophone, Bass Clarinet, Piccolo Flute, Flute, Oboe – Jim Snodgrass
- Bass Trombone – Richard Bullock
- Cello – Paula Hochhalter
- Congas, Bongos – Chino*
- Design [Album Cover] – Lynn Dreese Breslin
- Double Bass [Zorke Upright Bass] – Darrell Clayborn
- Drums [I] – Dave Crigger*
- Drums [Ii], Percussion, Percussion [Mallets] – Mike Englander
- Electric Bass, Bass [8-string], Synthesizer [Synthesized Electric Bass, Oberheim, 360 System, Steiner Sequencer], Programmed By [Sequential Circuits Programmer] – Leon Gaer
- Engineer – Gene Paul
- French Horn – Sidney Muldrow
- Keyboards – Randy Kerber
- Percussion, Timpani – Ruth Ritchie
- Photography [Back Cover] – Giuseppe Pino
- Producer, Trumpet [Quartertone, Firebird], Flugelhorn, Trombone [Superbone], Leader, Composed By, Arranged By – Don Ellis
- Remix – Bill Drescher, Steve Escallier*
- Tenor Saxophone, Flute, Clarinet – James Coile*
- Trombone – Alan Kaplan
- Trumpet – Gil Rathel, Glenn Stuart, Jack Coan
- Tuba – Jim Self
- Viola – Jimbo Ross
- Violin [I] – Pam Tompkins
- Violin [Ii] – Lori Badessa
Notes(C)(P)1978 Atlantic Recording Corporation. A Warner Communications Company.
Printed in U.S.A.
Recorded live at Montreux, Switzerland
|SD 19178||Don Ellis||Live At Montreux (LP, Album)||Atlantic||SD 19178||US||1978|
|S 90.040||Don Ellis||Live At Montreux (LP, Album)||Atlantic||S 90.040||Spain||1978|
|K50496||Don Ellis||Live At Montreux (LP, Album)||Atlantic||K50496||UK||1978|
|P-10542||Don Ellis||Live At Montreux (LP, Album)||Atlantic||P-10542||Japan||1978|
|SD 19178||Don Ellis||Live At Montreux (LP, Album, Promo)||Atlantic||SD 19178||US||1978|