Levon Helm is a 1982 album by Levon Helm. It was his second eponymous album and his last studio album until Dirt Farmer, released in 2007. You Can't Win 'Em All" (Andy Bown, Tony Chapman). Lucrecia" (Richard Supa). Even a Fool Would Let Go" (Kerry Chater, Tom Snow). I've Got a Bet with Myself" (David Elliot). Money" (Janie Bradford, Berry Gordy). Get Out Your Big Roll Daddy" (Troy Seals, Roger Chapman). Willie and the Hand Jive" (Johnny Otis). The Got Song" (Tommy Talton).
Modifier l'album Reporter une erreur. Country Rock Levon Helm. Liste des groupes Country Rock Levon Helm Levon Helm. ajouter les paroles de l'album. Ajouter un fichier audio. Membres possèdant cet album1. 3. Even a Fool Would Let Go. 4. I've Got a Bet with Myself.
Levon Helm's second solo album isn't a bad listen, it just seems, given its pedigree, that it should be a good deal better than it is. Produced by Donald "Duck" Dunn of the legendary Booker T. & the MG's, and featuring Steve Cropper and the Muscle Shoals session crew, this outing ought to cook with some serious funk and soul, and that it only occasionally does so is the big surprise. But something intangible is missing, as if these tunes simply sound like they have soul without actually possessing it. True, Helm's version of Al Green's "Take Me to the River" brightens things up here, but the song is so good and durable that not even a Muppet could blow it as long as the arrangement is followed. It's interesting that Dunn himself doesn't play bass on this album. Maybe that's what's missing. Again, this isn't a bad album, just a surprisingly lifeless one, given the talent involved.
Levon Helm (1982 album). Levon Helm is a 1982 album by Levon Helm.
Levon Helm Tracklist. Play Something Sweet (Brickyard Blues) Lyrics. 6. Get Out Your Big Roll Daddy Lyrics.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|A1||Ain't No Way To Forget You
Written-By – Grady L. Smith*, W.C. Quillen*
|A2||Driving At Night
Written-By – Daniel Moore
|A3||Play Something Sweet
Written-By – Allen Toussaint
Written-By – J. Hall*, J. Hall*
|A5||I Came Here To Party
Written-By – Tony Joe White
|B1||Take Me To The River
Written-By – Al Green, Mabon Hodges*
|B2||Standing On A Mountaintop
Written-By – Earl Cate, Ernie Cate*
|B3||Let's Do It In Slow Motion
Written-By – B. Latimore*
|B4||Audience For My Pain
Written-By – Barry Goldberg, Gerry Goffin
- Record Company – ABC Records, Inc.
- Produced For – oURCO, Inc.
- Recorded At – Cherokee Studios
- Recorded At – Muscle Shoals Sound Studios
- Mastered At – Capitol Mastering
- Pressed By – Columbia Records Pressing Plant, Terre Haute
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – ABC Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – ABC Records, Inc.
- Published By – Muscle Shoals Sound Pub. Co., Inc.
- Published By – Warner-Tamerlane Publishing Corp.
- Published By – Marsaint Music, Inc.
- Published By – Mojohanna Music
- Published By – Hall Music
- Published By – Tennessee Swamp Fox Music Co.
- Published By – Al Green Music, Inc.
- Published By – Jec Publishing Co.
- Published By – Flat River Pub.
- Published By – Sherlyn Publishing Co., Inc.
- Published By – Screen Gems-EMI Music Inc.
- Published By – Blackwood Music Inc.
- Arranged By [Horns] – Tom Malone
- Art Direction – Richard Germinaro, Stuart Kusher
- Design – Earl Klasky
- Engineer – Barry Rudolph, Bruce Robb, Gregg Hamm, Steve Melton
- Management [Direction] – Ray Paret
- Mastered By – KP*
- Mixed By [Remix Engineer] – Barry Rudolph
- Musician, Alto Saxophone, Tenor Saxophone – Lou Marini
- Musician, Backing Vocals – Earl Cate, Ernie Cate*, Levon Helm, Mary Berry
- Musician, Baritone Saxophone – Howard Johnson , Lou Del Gatto*
- Musician, Bass – David Hood, Scott Edwards
- Musician, Drums – Roger Hawkins, Willie Hall
- Musician, Guitar – Dan Ferguson, Jimmy Johnson , Larry Byrum*, Steve Cropper
- Musician, Keyboards – Barry Beckett, Randy McCormick
- Musician, Percussion – Steve Cropper, Willie Hall
- Musician, Trombone – Tom Malone
- Musician, Trumpet – Alan Rubin
- Other [Tour Transportation:] – Qonexions, Secaucus, N.J.
- Photography By – Gene Brownell
- Producer – Donald "Duck" Dunn
NotesColumbia Records Pressing Plant, Terre Haute pressing denoted by "T1" etch in runout. Small ABC "note" logo on labels.
Produced For oURCO, Inc.
Recorded at Cherokee Recording Studios, Hollywood, California & Muscle Shoals Sound Studios, Sheffield, Alabama.
Special thanks to Steve Cropper and Barry Beckett (they know why).
Also, thanks to Ray Paret, Jim Gallman, Shoe Productions, Memphis, Tenn., Bobby Manuel, Warren Wagner, Tony Joe White, RCO Studios, Woodstock, N.Y.
Equipment courtesy of Yamaha
℗ 1978 ABC Records, Inc.
© 1978 ABC Records, Inc.
A1: Muscle Shoals Sound Pub. Co., Inc (BMI)
A2: Warner-Tamerlane Pub. Corp. (BMI)
A3: Warner-Tamerlane Pub. Corp./Marsaint Music, Inc. (BMI)
A4: Mojohanna Music/ Hall Music (BMI)
A5: Tennessee Swamp Fox Music Co. (ASCAP)
B1: Al Green Music, Inc./Jec Pub. Co. (BMI)
B2: Flat River Pub. (BMI)
B3: Sherlyn Pub. Co., Inc. (BMI)
B4: Screen Gems-EMI Music, Inc./Blackwood Music, Inc. (BMI)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A label): AA-1089-A
- Matrix / Runout (Side B label): AA-1089-B
- Matrix / Runout (Side A runout, etched): 1T AA-1089-A F12 KP
- Matrix / Runout (Side B runout, etched ["B" stamped]): T1 AA-1089 B F4 AA 1089-B-4 KP " B
- Matrix / Runout (Sides A & B runouts, stamped): MASTERED BY CAPITOL
- Rights Society (A1 to A4, B1 to B4): BMI
- Rights Society (A5): ASCAP
|UICY-3351||Levon Helm||Levon Helm (CD, Album, RE, RM)||MCA Records||UICY-3351||Japan||2002|
|AA-1089||Levon Helm||Levon Helm (LP, Album, Pit)||ABC Records||AA-1089||US||1978|
|26 488 XOT, 26488||Levon Helm||Levon Helm (LP, Album)||ABC Records, ABC Records||26 488 XOT, 26488||Netherlands||1978|
|200 015||Levon Helm||Levon Helm (LP, Album)||ABC Records||200 015||Germany||1978|
|AA-1089||Levon Helm||Levon Helm (LP, Album)||ABC Records||AA-1089||US||1978|