Rites of Passage is the third album by Roger Hodgson, recorded in August 1996 near Hodgson's home in Nevada City, California and his first live album. It was the last gig of several Californian dates in the summer of 1996. The album features three Supertramp hits, six songs by Hodgson (five previously unrecorded), two songs written and performed as lead vocalist by Mikail Graham and one song written and performed as lead vocalist by Hodgson's son Andrew.
By: Roger Hodgson (1997, Rock). More albums from Roger Hodgson: Classics Live Advance Release by Roger Hodgson. Open The Door by Roger Hodgson. In The Eye Of The Storm by Roger Hodgson. Hai Hai by Roger Hodgson. View all albums . Rites Of Passage. By: Roger Hodgson (1997, Rock). 1. Every Trick In The Book.
Only for completionists (3%). Roger Hodgson is a pretty melancholy guy, so it is not surprising that this is kind of a sad album. As opposed to some of his more memorable work though, I don't believe he intended these songs to be depressing. The sadness comes from listeners like me who fondly recall the emotional power of his more prolific days penning both giant pop hits and uncomfortably personal introspective tunes as the driving force behind Supertramp
Band Name Roger Hodgson. Album Name Rites of Passage. Labels Unichord Productions. Members owning this album3.
No Colours is from Roger Hodgson's live album, Rites of Passage. Roger, co-founder of Supertramp, is the singer/songwriter of the band's greatest hits to include Breakfast in America, The Logical Song, Dreamer, Give a Little Bit, Take the Long Way Home, Fool's Overture, School, It's Raining Again, and so many more. Visit ww. ogerHodgsonStore.
Album: Rites of Passage. Genre: Rock, Progressive Rock (Classic Rock). Give A Little Bit - . Продажа коллекций mp3 музыки →. Скачать Roger Hodgson - Rites of Passage (1997) download. You may also be interested in: more albums of this group Также вас может заинтересовать: другие альбомы этой группы. Roger Hodgson - Open the Door (2000). Roger Hodgson - Open the Door (2000) flac. Roger Hodgson - Rites of Passage (1997) flac. Roger Hodgson - Hai Hai (1987). Roger Hodgson - Hai Hai (1987) flac. Уважаемый посетитель, Вы зашли на сайт как незарегистрированный пользователь.
Piano – Roger Hodgson (tracks: 2, 3, 5, 10). Producer, Liner Notes – Karuna Hodgson. Production Manager – Ian Lloyd-Bisley. Saxophone – John Helliwell (tracks: 1, 2, 5, 6, 8, 10 to 12). Twelve-String Guitar – Roger Hodgson (tracks: 1, 4, 6, 8, 12). Vocals – Jeff Daniel (2) (tracks: 1 to 6, 10, 12), John Helliwell (tracks: 2, 3, 5, 6, 10), Mikail Graham (tracks: 1 to 6, 10, 12), Rich Stanmyre (tracks: 1 to 6, 11, 12). Written-By – R. Hodgson, R. Davies (tracks: 5, 10, 12), Roger Hodgson (tracks: 1 to 4, 6, 8). Notes. Special pre-release version for promotional use.
Audio CD, Live, Original recording reissued, November 23, 2010. Very disappointed in this boring album. Though Hodgson's vocals are as polished and crisp as ever on this album, the melodies are mundane and the lyrics uninspired.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Every Trick In The Book
Noises [Feedback] – Biggles*
Percussion – John Helliwell
|4||Don't You Want To Get High ?
Backing Vocals – John Helliwell
|5||Take The Long Way Home - R.O.P.
Keyboards, Percussion – Mikail Graham
Cello – Josh Newman*Piano, Vocals – Andrew HodgsonWritten-By – A. Hodgson*
|8||Time Waits For No One
Keyboards – Mikail GrahamPercussion, Didgeridoo [Digeridoo] – Andrew HodgsonTambura [Tamboura], Vocals – Terry Riley
Guitar – Roger HodgsonHarmonica – Andrew HodgsonWritten-By – M. Graham*
|10||The Logical Song - R.O.P.||3:39|
Guitar – Roger HodgsonWritten-By – M. Graham*
|12||Give A Little Bit - R.O.P.||3:56|
- Mixed At – Unicorn Studios
- Mastered At – Oceanview Digital Mastering
- Recorded At – Miners Foundry Cultural Center
- Art Direction, Design – Daniel Clark
- Bass – Rich Stanmyre (tracks: 1 to 6, 8 to 12)
- Cover [Cover Art - "the Accolade"] – Edmund Blair Leighton
- Drums – Andrew Hodgson (tracks: 1 to 6, 9 to 12)
- Engineer [Live Recording Engineer] – Biff Dawes
- Engineer [Live Sound Engineer] – Harry Andronis
- Guitar – Mikail Graham (tracks: 1 to 4, 6, 8 to 12)
- Keyboards – Jeff Daniel (tracks: 1 to 6, 8 to 10, 12)
- Lead Vocals – Mikail Graham (tracks: 9, 11), Roger Hodgson (tracks: 1 to 6, 8, 10, 12)
- Lighting Director [Lighting Direction], Film Director [Video Direction] – Tony Shepherd
- Mastered By – Joe Gastwirt
- Mastered By [Assisted By] – Ramòn Bretòn*
- Mixed By – Brian Foraker
- Organ [Hammond] – Jeff Daniel (tracks: 1 to 6, 10, 11, 12)
- Percussion – Jeff Daniel (tracks: 3, 6, 8 to 11)
- Photography By – Cole Thompson
- Piano – Roger Hodgson (tracks: 2, 3, 5, 10)
- Producer, Liner Notes – Karuna Hodgson
- Production Manager [Stage Production Manager] – Ian Lloyd-Bisley*
- Saxophone – John Helliwell (tracks: 1, 2, 5, 6, 8, 10 to 12)
- Twelve-String Guitar – Roger Hodgson (tracks: 1, 4, 6, 8, 12)
- Typography [Type], Layout – Sunja Park
- Vocals – Jeff Daniel (tracks: 1 to 6, 10, 12), John Helliwell (tracks: 2, 3, 5, 6, 10), Mikail Graham (tracks: 1 to 6, 10, 12), Rich Stanmyre (tracks: 1 to 6, 11, 12)
- Written-By – R. Hodgson / R. Davies* (tracks: 5, 10, 12), Roger Hodgson (tracks: 1 to 4, 6, 8)
NotesRecorded live 1996-08-02 at the Miner's Foundry, Nevada City, California.
Originally released in 1997.
8-page art booklet included.
Packaged in a jewel case with a transparent tray.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 6 0438-84139-2 8
|UNIVP001CD||Roger Hodgson||Rites Of Passage (CD, Album)||Unichord||UNIVP001CD||Europe||1997|
|MRCD 99012-2||Roger Hodgson||Rites Of Passage (CD, Album)||Mundo Records||MRCD 99012-2||Argentina||1997|
|EFA 84139-2||Roger Hodgson||Rites Of Passage (CD, Album)||Mundo Records||EFA 84139-2||USA & Europe||1997|
|VPJ-020, UNIVP001CD||Roger Hodgson||Rites Of Passage (CD, Album)||Unichord, Unichord||VPJ-020, UNIVP001CD||Japan||1997|
|UNIVP001CD||Roger Hodgson||Rites Of Passage (CD, Album, RE, Unofficial)||Unichord||UNIVP001CD||Russia||2017|