Grin by TRAAMS, released 24 September 2013 1. Swimming Pool 2. Demons 3. Flowers 4. Head Roll 5. Fibbist 6. Reds 7. Sleep 8. Grin 9. Hands 10. Loose 1. Starting off with 'Swimming Pool's sonorous, atmospheric welcome, the album twists and turns it's way through shards of hooky indie pop in 'Flowers' and 'Fibbist', plunging into darker krautrock depths in 'Klaus' and the title track. Grin successfully captures the raw energy of TRAAMS' frenzied and sweaty live performances, as witnessed at The Great Escape festival in Brighton earlier this year and time spent gigging with Parquet Courts and Hookworms. Grin is the sound of a band finding true solace in music as a driving force.
Or consider a donation?
The tension between TRAAMS' explosive and droning sides makes Grin intriguing, especially when the band juxtaposes brief, shouty vignettes such as the scrappy "Fibbist" and "Flowers" - where Hopkins wails "I don't even know your number/And you don't even know my name" with the desperation of a thousand craigslist Missed Connections - with lankier tracks like the aptly named "Loose" and "Klaus," which brings all the elements of TRAAMS' music together in a dense seven-minute groove.
In stock now for same day shipping. Home Indie . Palmist. Format: LP + MP3 download code Cat: FATLP 122 Released: 19 Sep 13 Genre: Indie.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Melodica – Rory Attwell
Synth – Rory Attwell
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Traams
- Licensed To – FatCat Records
- Copyright (c) – FatCat Records
- Recorded At – Lightship95
- Engineered At – Lightship95
- Mixed At – Lightship95
- Recorded At – Suburban Home
- Engineered At – Suburban Home
- Mixed At – Suburban Home
- Recorded At – Pallet Recording Studio
- Engineered At – Pallet Recording Studio
- Mixed At – Pallet Recording Studio
- Lyrics By – Hopkins*
- Music By – Stock*, Padley*, Hopkins*
- Photography By – Nic Shonfeld
- Recorded By, Engineer, Mixed By – Matthew Johnson (tracks: 5, 6, 9, 10), Rory Attwell (tracks: 1 to 4, 7, 11)
- Typography [Lettering], Layout – DLT
NotesCardboard gatefold sleeve.
(c) 2013 Fat cat records (p) 2013 Traams under exclusive license to Fat Cat Records.
Made in the EU.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Scanned): 600116512222
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI LD11
- Mould SID Code: IFPI 5Q92
- Matrix / Runout: |FATCD122|*067267|
- Label Code: LC22708
|FATLP122||Traams||Grin (LP, Album)||FatCat Records||FATLP122||UK||2013|
|FATCD122||Traams||Grin (CD, Album)||FatCat Records||FATCD122||US||2013|
|FATLP122X||Traams||Grin (LP, Album, Ltd, Mag)||FatCat Records||FATLP122X||UK||2013|
|FATCD122P||Traams||Grin (CDr, Album, Promo)||FatCat Records||FATCD122P||UK||2013|
|none||Traams||Grin (CD, Album, Promo)||FatCat Records||none||US||2013|