- Title:My Roots Are Showing
- Date of release:
- Size FLAC version1236 megabytes
- Size MP3 version1959 megabytes
- Size WMA version1211 megabytes
- Formats:MOD WMA MP2 ADX VOX AIFF VOC
My Roots Are Showing, an album by Natalie MacMaster, was released in 2000 on the Rounder Records label. The title is word play, as the phrase is most often regarded when discussing hair color. Willie Fraser/ Strathspeys: Willie Fraser/Thomas MacDonnell's/. The Boys of the Lake/ Jigs: the Detroit Jig/The Mucking of Geordie's Byre" – 3:06. The Wildcate: the Wildcat/Little Nipper's Hornpipe" – 2:14.
Album · 2000 · 13 Songs. More By Natalie MacMaster.
Since Natalie MacMaster is basically a traditional Cape Breton Island Celtic fiddler who sometimes adds more modern elements to her music, a traditional album is an ideal way to hear her in her most natural environment, and My Roots Are Showing, finally issued in the . by Rounder in April 2000 after having been released by Warner Bros. in Canada in 1998, is that album. On most of the 13 cuts, MacMaster combines a series of either public domain pieces or originals by the old masters, including reels, marches, strathspeys, and jigs
The Shakin's o' the Pocky, 02:20. Close To the Floor, 03:07. A'Chuthag (The Cuckoo), 02:34.
Fiddle, Producer – Natalie MacMaster. Guitar – Dave MacIsaac (tracks: 1, 2, 5, 7, 10, to 13), Gordie Sampson (tracks: 6, 8, 9), Paul Mills (tracks: 9). Illustration, Design – David Leonard (2). Liner Notes – Paul S. Cranford. Mastered By – Paul Mills, Ted Carson. Mixed By – Chad Irschick. Photography By – John Chiasson, Liz Curran.
My Roots Are Showing. Studio album by Natalie MacMaster. 3. Natalie MacMaster – Natalie MacMaster, CM is an award-winning fiddler from the rural community of Troy in Inverness County, Nova Scotia, Canada who plays Cape Breton fiddle music. MacMaster has toured with the Chieftains, Faith Hill, Carlos Santana and Alison Krauss and she has appeared at the Celtic Colours festival in Cape Breton, Celtic Connections in Scotland, and MerleFest in the United States.
My Roots Are Showing, an album by Natalie MacMaster, was released in 2000 on the Rounder Records label.
|1||Hey, Johnny Cope!||5:38|
|3||The Boys Of The Lake||3:07|
|6||The Shakin's O' The Pocky||2:20|
|8||E Flat Set||3:09|
|9||Glad You Made It, Howie!||6:40|
|10||Close To The Floor||3:07|
|11||Queen Of The West||5:55|
|12||A' Chuthag (The Cuckoo)||2:34|
|13||A Glencoe Dance Set (Live)||6:56|
- Bass – Gordie Sampson (tracks: 3)
- Edited By – Jamie Foulds
- Fiddle – Buddy MacMaster (tracks: 13)
- Fiddle, Producer – Natalie MacMaster
- Guitar – Dave MacIsaac* (tracks: 1, 2, 5, 7, 10, to 13), Gordie Sampson (tracks: 6, 8, 9), Paul Mills (tracks: 9)
- Illustration, Design – David Leonard
- Liner Notes – Paul S. Cranford*
- Mastered By – Paul Mills, Ted Carson
- Mixed By – Chad Irschick
- Photography By – John Chiasson, Liz Curran
- Piano – Howie MacDonald (tracks: 3, 9), Joel Chiasson (tracks: 2, 5, 7, 13), Mary Jessie MacDonald (tracks: 1, 4), Tracey Dares (tracks: 8, 10, 11)
- Recorded By – Paul MacDonald (tracks: 13), Paul Mills
- Snare – Matthew Foulds* (tracks: 5, 10)
- Synthesizer, Guitar [Water Guitar] – Gordie Sampson (tracks: 12)
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 011661703322
|CD 22715||Natalie MacMaster||My Roots Are Showing (CD, Album)||WEA||CD 22715||Canada||1998|
|W2 22715||Natalie MacMaster||My Roots Are Showing (CD, Album, Club)||Wea||W2 22715||Canada||1998|
|CDTRAX 163||Natalie MacMaster||My Roots Are Showing (CD, Album)||Greentrax Recordings||CDTRAX 163||UK & Europe||1998|
|CD 1998||Natalie MacMaster||My Roots Are Showing Traditional Fiddle Music Of Cape Breton Island (CD, Album)||Not On Label||CD 1998||Canada||1998|